Skin Invision By L!th!uM

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Transition of Power
Mary Poppins
Posted: Nov 5 2008, 04:03 PM
Quote Post

Confessed Shopaholic

Group: Moderator
Member Inventory: View

Member No.: 14

Barack Obama appears to be sending a signal that he will be ready to serve as commander-in-chief on day one by trying to immediately assemble his presidential team.

Just hours after Obama became the nation's first black president-elect, ABC News reported that he has offered the White House chief-of-staff job to Rep. Rahm Emanuel, D-Ill.

Emanuel has not given his answer yet, a knowledgeable source told ABC News.

Emanuel, a veteran of President Clinton's White House, has swiftly ascended through the Democratic ranks since his election to Congress. He was chairman of the Democratic campaign committee two years ago, when the party won a majority for the first time in more than decade, and he cemented his reputation as a prodigious fundraiser and strong-willed political strategist.

He also served as senior adviser and fundraiser for Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley before joining the Clinton White House.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/11/05/re...hief-staff-job/

-------~~~~--------
Follow me on Twitter @ShopaholicIAM
PMEmail PosterYahoo
No One Will Do
Posted: Nov 6 2008, 03:19 PM
Quote Post

Kiki-**Certified Party Planner**

Member No.: 32

maryluvs_clapping.gif Rahm Emanuel has accepted Chief of Staff ,Robert Gibbs fromer Obama Campaign spokes person has accepted WH Press Secretary and David Axelrod has accepted Senior White House advisor! maryluvs_thumbup.gif

-------~~~~--------
user posted image

"Sincerity"
Mary J. Blige feat. Nas & DMX - Sincerity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmsIliDu4qE
user posted image [/color]

user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
Mary Poppins
Posted: Nov 19 2008, 04:12 PM
Quote Post

Confessed Shopaholic

Looks like Tom Dashle has been tapped for the Sec of HHS and I'm really digging his pick for ATTY Gen. Obama is making history again with that appointment. maryluvs_clapping.gif

-------~~~~--------
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Code Orange
Posted: Nov 19 2008, 06:49 PM
Quote Post

**Always here, just quiet**

Group: Members

Member No.: 107

QUOTE (Jacqueline Monique Smith @ Nov 19 2008, 03:02 PM)
Looks like Tom Dashle has been tapped for the Sec of HHS and I'm really digging his pick for ATTY Gen. Obama is making history again with that appointment. maryluvs_clapping.gif

maryluvs_excl.gif Good picks. maryluvs_clapping.gif
PM
Wee Tony
Posted: Nov 19 2008, 07:33 PM
Quote Post

Punching above his weight

Member No.: 461

They're all looking quite good so far eh?

The only one I have reservations about is Rahm Emanuel. But time will tell... maryluvs_hmm.gif

I'm just living in the hope each day that I don't awake to fine the headline telling me he's hired Hillary maryluvs_giggle.gif

-------~~~~--------
QUOTE (John Lennon)
Free yourselves
PMEmail PosterMSN
Josh
Posted: Nov 20 2008, 12:24 PM
Quote Post

Senior

Member No.: 46

LOL @ this being an IMPORTANT message and being pinned. maryluvs_laughing.gif maryluvs_laughing.gif
PMEmail Poster
Mary Poppins
Posted: Nov 20 2008, 01:15 PM
Quote Post

Confessed Shopaholic

QUOTE (Wee Tony @ Nov 19 2008, 06:23 PM)

The only one I have reservations about is Rahm Emanuel.  But time will tell...  maryluvs_hmm.gif

I'm just living in the hope each day that I don't awake to fine the headline telling me he's hired Hillary maryluvs_giggle.gif

You'd better brace youself because it's looking likely that she will be picked for SOS.

-------~~~~--------
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Wee Tony
Posted: Nov 20 2008, 01:40 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Jacqueline Monique Smith @ Nov 20 2008, 06:05 PM)

The only one I have reservations about is Rahm Emanuel.  But time will tell...  maryluvs_hmm.gif

You'd better brace youself because it's looking likely that she will be picked for SOS.

maryluvs_scare.gif Oh fuck!
That's the one post I was hoping she wouldn't get....

... well, that and foreign secretary maryluvs_ph34r.gif

-------~~~~--------
QUOTE (John Lennon)
Free yourselves
PMEmail PosterMSN
Mary Poppins
Posted: Nov 20 2008, 02:16 PM
Quote Post

Confessed Shopaholic

QUOTE (Wee Tony @ Nov 20 2008, 12:30 PM)

I really thought he was going to pick John Kerry but it's looking like that appointment will go to Hil.

They had a really good debate about it last night on Larry King Live. Also, on the radio this morning, they mentioned the possiblity that if she does take it, the Gov of NY may appoint Bill to her Sentate seat. maryluvs_furley.gif

-------~~~~--------
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Wee Tony
Posted: Nov 20 2008, 02:20 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Jacqueline Monique Smith @ Nov 20 2008, 07:06 PM)

I really thought he was going to pick John Kerry but it's looking like that appointment will go to Hil.

They had a really good debate about it last night on Larry King Live. Also, on the radio this morning, they mentioned the possiblity that if she does take it, the Gov of NY may appoint Bill to her Sentate seat. maryluvs_furley.gif

That's not sounding much like democracy to me... that sounds like plain old patronage maryluvs_smh.gif

As for Hil, maybe she'll be fine - I'm just wary of people who seem to want power as much as she does unsure.gif

-------~~~~--------
QUOTE (John Lennon)
Free yourselves
PMEmail PosterMSN
Code Orange
Posted: Nov 20 2008, 04:10 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Jacqueline Monique Smith @ Nov 20 2008, 01:06 PM)

maryluvs_excl.gif Rumor had it that John Kerry was on the shortlist, (though it some how leaked out to the press that he was pushing for the job when he never showed interest in it maryluvs_hmm.gif ), but he will succeed VPE Joe Biden and become the Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. maryluvs_thumbup.gif

I am rooting for Susan Rice or Bill Richardson. Those are the only two that fit the bill, but we shall see. The Obama/Clinton drama is turning into a DC soap opera. maryluvs_hmm.gif
PM
No One Will Do
Posted: Nov 20 2008, 04:52 PM
Quote Post

Dashle is a great pick for HHS, I need to read his book but I'm concerned about the mandates he proposes but I'll reserve judgement. The big benefit that he's former majority leader, Wow we just may finally get health care. Out of everybody mentioned for SOS I prefer unsure.gif Hillary..although I am not happy that Kissinger is elated but neva mind. Hill is a True, tough bytch that could serve well in the administration if she's willing to be a team player which I'm sure she is. maryluvs_thumbup.gif I sincerely hope that Susan Rice is not forgotten about I LOVE her. maryluvs_thumbup.gif and Rex the puppy is adorable. wub.gif hope he vets but he a chicago dog thought they were getting a DC dog.

-------~~~~--------
user posted image

"Sincerity"

PMEmail Poster
Wee Tony
Posted: Nov 20 2008, 04:58 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Blue Butterfly @ Nov 20 2008, 09:42 PM)
although I am not happy that Kissinger is elated but neva mind.

Say that again ohmy.gif
What's that old spunk bucket been up to? I haven't heard this.

He's a talented dangerous man unsure.gif

-------~~~~--------
QUOTE (John Lennon)
Free yourselves
PMEmail PosterMSN
No One Will Do
Posted: Nov 20 2008, 05:17 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Wee Tony @ Nov 20 2008, 03:48 PM)
Say that again  ohmy.gif
What's that old spunk bucket been up to?  I haven't heard this.

He's a talented dangerous man  unsure.gif

maryluvs_laughing.gif Remember a lil while back he was saying that Sarah Palin maryluvs_dead2.gif was the ultimate aphrodisiac BUT not only did he think Hill would be and could be maryluvs_hmm.gif I think he said capital O-- Outstanding. maryluvs_scare.gif maryluvs_laughing.gif

At the World Economic Forum's 24th India Economic Summit in New Delhi, India, former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger said of reports that President-elect Obama is considering Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-NY, as Secretary of State, "I believe it would be an outstanding appointment. If it is true, it shows a number of things, including great courage on the part of the President-Elect. To appoint a very strong personality into a prominent cabinet position requires a great deal of courage."

Kissinger said that "Obama was my second choice in the election. maryluvs_brow.gif But at the same time, I want to stress that this is the moment for non-partisanship in America. There are a number of challenges that must be dealt with...I believe that the United States faces a moment of enormous complexity, but also a moment of extraordinary opportunity."

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/20...nger-backs.html

-------~~~~--------
user posted image

"Sincerity"

PMEmail Poster
Wee Tony
Posted: Nov 20 2008, 05:31 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Blue Butterfly @ Nov 20 2008, 10:07 PM)
Say that again  ohmy.gif

maryluvs_laughing.gif Remember a lil while back he was saying that Sarah Palin maryluvs_dead2.gif was the ultimate aphrodisiac BUT not only did he think Hill would be and could be maryluvs_hmm.gif I think he said capital O-- Outstanding. maryluvs_scare.gif maryluvs_laughing.gif

At the World Economic Forum's 24th India Economic Summit in New Delhi, India, former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger said of reports that President-elect Obama is considering Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-NY, as Secretary of State, "I believe it would be an outstanding appointment. If it is true, it shows a number of things, including great courage on the part of the President-Elect. To appoint a very strong personality into a prominent cabinet position requires a great deal of courage."

Kissinger said that "Obama was my second choice in the election. maryluvs_brow.gif But at the same time, I want to stress that this is the moment for non-partisanship in America. There are a number of challenges that must be dealt with...I believe that the United States faces a moment of enormous complexity, but also a moment of extraordinary opportunity."

I do not trust a word that man says. Whatever he says, do the opposite.

He's one of the most talented manipulators in US history - always has an agenda.

I admire him greatly as a pragmatist, but he scares the shit out of me. A very dangerous man because he's good at what he does unsure.gif

-------~~~~--------
QUOTE (John Lennon)
Free yourselves
PMEmail PosterMSN
No One Will Do
Posted: Nov 20 2008, 06:30 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Wee Tony @ Nov 20 2008, 04:21 PM)
QUOTE (Blue Butterfly @ Nov 20 2008, 10:07 PM)
Say that again  ohmy.gif

I do not trust a word that man says. Whatever he says, do the opposite.

He's one of the most talented manipulators in US history - always has an agenda.

I admire him greatly as a pragmatist, but he scares the shit out of me. A very dangerous man because he's good at what he does unsure.gif

I agree, so the ultimate question becomes who are politikers with..maybe they'll surprise me.. unsure.gif not sure I really have the stomach for that today rather be tinker bell right now..and enjoy the admin pics as they leak. lol maryluvs_happy.gif

-------~~~~--------
user posted image

"Sincerity"

PMEmail Poster
Code Orange
Posted: Nov 21 2008, 04:23 PM
Quote Post

Looks like it's official.

Source: New York Times

Clinton to Accept Secretary of State Job
By Peter Baker

Hillary Rodham Clinton has decided to give up her Senate seat and accept the position of secretary of state, making her the public face around the world for the administration of the man who beat her for the Democratic presidential nomination, two confidants said Friday.

Mrs. Clinton came to her decision after additional discussion with President-elect Barack Obama about the nature of her role and his plans for foreign policy, said one of the confidants, who insisted on anonymity to discuss the situation. Mr. Obama’s office told reporters Thursday that the nomination is “on track” but Clinton associates only confirmed Friday afternoon that she has decided.

“She’s ready,” said the confidant. Mrs. Clinton was reassured after talking again with Mr. Obama because their first meeting in Chicago last week “was so general,” the confidant said. The purpose of the follow-up talk, he added, was not to extract particular concessions but “just getting comfortable” with the idea of working together.

A second Clinton associate confirmed that her camp believes they have a done deal. Senior Obama advisers said Friday morning that the offer had not been formally accepted and no announcement will be made until after Thanksgiving. But they said they were convinced that the nascent alliance was now ready to be sealed.

Read more: http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/11/21/clinton-t... /
PM
Mary Poppins
Posted: Nov 21 2008, 06:19 PM
Quote Post

Confessed Shopaholic

Barring last minute changes, the nominee for Treasury Secretary will be NY Fed President Tim Geithner -- a career Treasury official under both Bob Rubin and Larry Summers -- who actually had worked at the Treasury in three administrations under five Secretaries -- going back to 1988.

Geithner has been a key player in the current economic crisis -- helping Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson and his team manage the wall street bailout.

Former Treasury Secretary Summers -- also considered for the post -- might still play a major future role in the Obama administration, according to sources. Summers came under fire from women's groups because of controversial comments he made about gender issues while President of Harvard, but sources say the decision to choose Geithner had more to do with Obama's interest in "change" and getting someone new on the team.

Also expected Monday -- an announcement that former U.N. Ambassador and Energy Secretary in the Clinton administration, New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson, will be Commerce Secretary.

Paul Volcker is expected to play a continuing advisory role -- not clear if he would have an appointed position.

Other economic appointments for the White house staff will likely include Dan Tarullo, a top Obama advisor, possibly as head of the National Economic Council.

Other economic posts -- perhaps at the Council of Economic advisors in the White House -- could be filled by Obama economic advisors Austan Goolsbee and Jason Furman.

*** UPDATE *** Msnbc.com's Al Olson reports that immediately after NBC News' report on Tim Geithner likely to be named Treasury Secretary, stocks rebounded sharply. The Dow Jones Industrial Average was trading in negative territory -- down about 38 points -- before the news. Moments after, the Dow zoomed more than 300 points.

-------~~~~--------
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Wee Tony
Posted: Nov 21 2008, 07:49 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Jacqueline Monique Smith @ Nov 21 2008, 11:09 PM)
Barring last minute changes, the nominee for Treasury Secretary will be NY Fed President Tim Geithner -- a career Treasury official under both Bob Rubin and Larry Summers -- who actually had worked at the Treasury in three administrations under five Secretaries -- going back to 1988.

That is disappointing. Sounds like 'more of the same' rather than 'change'. maryluvs_smh.gif

-------~~~~--------
QUOTE (John Lennon)
Free yourselves
PMEmail PosterMSN
No One Will Do
Posted: Nov 21 2008, 08:25 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Wee Tony @ Nov 21 2008, 06:39 PM)
QUOTE (Jacqueline Monique Smith @ Nov 21 2008, 11:09 PM)

That is disappointing. Sounds like 'more of the same' rather than 'change'. maryluvs_smh.gif

edit

-------~~~~--------
user posted image

"Sincerity"

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Google

Web maryluvs.clicdev.com