Skin Invision By L!th!uM

Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Transition of Power
Wee Tony
Posted: Nov 22 2008, 01:37 PM
Quote Post

Punching above his weight

Group: Members
Member Inventory: View

Member No.: 461

QUOTE (Blue Butterfly @ Nov 22 2008, 01:15 AM)
QUOTE (Wee Tony @ Nov 21 2008, 06:39 PM)
QUOTE (Jacqueline Monique Smith @ Nov 21 2008, 11:09 PM)
Barring last minute changes, the nominee for Treasury Secretary will be NY Fed President Tim Geithner -- a career Treasury official under both Bob Rubin and Larry Summers -- who actually had worked at the Treasury in three administrations under five Secretaries -- going back to 1988.

That is disappointing. Sounds like 'more of the same' rather than 'change'. maryluvs_smh.gif

edit

What? maryluvs_confused1.gif unsure.gif

-------~~~~--------
QUOTE (John Lennon)
Free yourselves
PMEmail PosterMSN
SexySapphire
Posted: Nov 22 2008, 05:39 PM
Quote Post

Senior

Member No.: 490

Barring last minute changes, the nominee for Treasury Secretary will be NY Fed President Tim Geithner -- a career Treasury official under both Bob Rubin and Larry Summers -- who actually had worked at the Treasury in three administrations under five Secretaries -- going back to 1988.

That is disappointing. Sounds like 'more of the same' rather than 'change'. maryluvs_smh.gif

Because Obama knows he doesn't have the experience, so he's looking to many of the Clintonites who created the jobs and gave us a budget surplus during the 90's.

Now, I'm glad many of the Clintonites are returning...because they have a record of accomplishment. President Clinton's administration created 23 million new jobs, after all.

What I find most amusing right now is that Obama is having to eat his words from the primaries. During the primaries, one of his main talking points was that he didn't want to "re-fight the battles of the 90's." He said that often. And it was a pure slap at the Clintonites, and in effect blaming them for many of the partisan battles during those times.

So what does he do now? Offers up Eric Holder for the top job at Justice. And you can best believe that when Eric Holder goes for his confirmation hearings, the Marc Rich pardon will most definitely come up.

What's more, during the primaries Team Obama tried to downplay Sen. Hillary Clinton's experience on the international stage, basically just trying to say that she did no more than what other first ladies do.

Well, she's on the verge of being nominated as Secretary of State, and in effect will be the face of America abroad. And that's an acknowledgement by Obama that Hillary Clinton is well respected on the international stage. He knows that she is the one to help restore America's image aboard. Yet, he would not acknowledge that during the primaries.

-------~~~~--------
Site Administrator
The Ultimate Jodeci Message Board
http://jodecitalk.proboards37.com

Since 2004, the premiere online place for all Jodeci fans: lively discussion, archived articles, trivia, photos, etc.

Daily Motion:
http://dailymotion.com/ultimatejodeci

Twitter:
http://twitter.com/ladybird4jodeci

Instagram: womanofgrace

Facebook: Ladybird Lb

Your Listen: http://yourlisten.com/user/public/ladybird

user posted image

user posted image

SUPPORT AL B. SURE & HIS NEW CD HONEY I'M HOME! BRINGING ROMANCE & RESPECT BACK TO MUSIC W/ HIS NEW CD HONEY I'M HOME, IN STORES NOW! DEBUTED AT # 2 ON THE iTUNES R&B CHART. AFTER 17 YEARS AWAY, YES, HE DID THAT!

"When an artist delivers an album after more than a decade on hiatus, fans listen closely for the music they fell in love with and cynics listen closely for a deafening flop. In the case of Al B. Sure!, fans win out." (From an Associated Press review of Honey I'm Home)
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Wee Tony
Posted: Nov 22 2008, 06:07 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (SexySapphire @ Nov 22 2008, 10:29 PM)

Because Obama knows he doesn't have the experience, so he's looking to many of the Clintonites who created the jobs and gave us a budget surplus during the 90's.

Now, I'm glad many of the Clintonites are returning...because they have a record of accomplishment. President Clinton's administration created 23 million new jobs, after all.

What I find most amusing right now is that Obama is having to eat his words from the primaries. During the primaries, one of his main talking points was that he didn't want to "re-fight the battles of the 90's." He said that often. And it was a pure slap at the Clintonites, and in effect blaming them for many of the partisan battles during those times.

So what does he do now? Offers up Eric Holder for the top job at Justice. And you can best believe that when Eric Holder goes for his confirmation hearings, the Marc Rich pardon will most definitely come up.

That wasn't my point.
My point is, that history is repeating itself here. You can run for the presidency filled with ideals, but the closer you get to office, the more you realise that the establishment will not be moved. Ask Bill Clinton.
The key to removing the establishment is economics. And just like Clinton, he has left the economic reigns of the country in the hands of the establishment which will ultimately undermine his goals in the long term.

What's more, during the primaries Team Obama tried to downplay Sen. Hillary Clinton's experience on the international stage, basically just trying to say that she did no more than what other first ladies do.

Well I have to say I agree with him there. Her experience on the international stage is largely her invention and has been airbrushed into history.

Well, she's on the verge of being nominated as Secretary of State, and in effect will be the face of America abroad.  And that's an acknowledgement by Obama that Hillary Clinton is well respected on the international stage.  He knows that she is the one to help restore America's image aboard.  Yet, he would not acknowledge that during the primaries.

I'm actually surprised that he hasn't realised that her appointment has left the rest of the world giggling up their sleeves. All that shit she was spouting about brokering a peace deal in Northern Ireland and being under sniper fire in Bosnia showed her up as having delusions of grandeur. It has been said quite explicitly by those involved in the Northern Irish peace deal that she was nowhere near it, yet she still claims credit for it. Most of them say they haven't even met her. As for the sniper fire in Bosnia, well, the pictures speak for themselves.
The only reputation she has on the world stage is that she has made herself look quite ridiculous. Just goes to show that if you tell a lie often enough, people will believe it. Unfortunately, although she may have sold her retelling of history to some of the American electorate, she will be working in the international arena with people who know her role (or lack of it) in history and who do not take her seriously.

I can't believe that even after the presidential election you are still carrying this chip on your shoulder about this.
It's done and dusted. Move on.

-------~~~~--------
QUOTE (John Lennon)
Free yourselves
PMEmail PosterMSN
SexySapphire
Posted: Nov 22 2008, 06:46 PM
Quote Post

Senior

QUOTE (Wee Tony @ Nov 22 2008, 04:57 PM)
QUOTE (SexySapphire @ Nov 22 2008, 10:29 PM)

That wasn't my point.
My point is, that history is repeating itself here. You can run for the presidency filled with ideals, but the closer you get to office, the more you realise that the establishment will not be moved. Ask Bill Clinton.
The key to removing the establishment is economics. And just like Clinton, he has left the economic reigns of the country in the hands of the establishment which will ultimately undermine his goals in the long term.

Well I have to say I agree with him there. Her experience on the international stage is largely her invention and has been airbrushed into history.

Well, she's on the verge of being nominated as Secretary of State, and in effect will be the face of America abroad.  And that's an acknowledgement by Obama that Hillary Clinton is well respected on the international stage.  He knows that she is the one to help restore America's image aboard.  Yet, he would not acknowledge that during the primaries.

I'm actually surprised that he hasn't realised that her appointment has left the rest of the world giggling up their sleeves. All that shit she was spouting about brokering a peace deal in Northern Ireland and being under sniper fire in Bosnia showed her up as having delusions of grandeur. It has been said quite explicitly by those involved in the Northern Irish peace deal that she was nowhere near it, yet she still claims credit for it. Most of them say they haven't even met her. As for the sniper fire in Bosnia, well, the pictures speak for themselves.
The only reputation she has on the world stage is that she has made herself look quite ridiculous. Just goes to show that if you tell a lie often enough, people will believe it. Unfortunately, although she may have sold her retelling of history to some of the American electorate, she will be working in the international arena with people who know her role (or lack of it) in history and who do not take her seriously.

I can't believe that even after the presidential election you are still carrying this chip on your shoulder about this.
It's done and dusted. Move on.

Don't make a fool of yourself here.

Irish PM: Clinton 'hugely helpful' in Northern Ireland

Clinton has claimed partial credit for bringing peace to the troubled province; the Obama camp says she is inflating her importance. Peace process participants have weighed in on both sides.

Ahern was taoiseach throughout the negotiations. In Scranton on Sunday, Ahern told the local Times-Tribune that Clinton was “hugely helpful” in the process, both as first lady and a senator.

“She was the first lady of the United States, not a party leader in Northern Ireland,” Ahern said. “No one would expect her to get into the nitty-gritty of the process.”

But he added: “Any fair observation would find that both Hillary and Bill Clinton made peace in Ireland a priority while they were in the White House and after.”

http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/politics...ely_helpfu.html

Hillary role in Ireland hidden in Chelsea’s thesis

Nancy Soderberg, a senior adviser on Ireland to Bill Clinton, said that Hillary Clinton’s involvement at the time with Ulster women’s groups “really did support the peace process”. Former Northern Ireland peace broker George Mitchell told Newsweek that neither Hillary nor Bill sat at the peace table, as the discussions were limited to UK and Irish officials, and Northern Ireland politicians. But he reiterated Soderberg’s view that Clinton played a “supportive role” with Ulster women. She’s still winning the Irish vote today

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/hillary-...-thesis/294410/

Irish Leaders Defend Hillary: She Played Major Role In Peace Deal

"David Trimble is reported as saying Senator Hillary Clinton played no part in the Irish peace process. That is not true. Senator Clinton played an important role in the peace process," he said. "I met the senator on many occasions when she was First Lady, and subsequently when she became a senator for New York State. I always found her to be extremely well informed on the issues."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/03/12/i...ll_n_91126.html

Moreover, with all due respect, I just think it's not only factually incorrect of you, but extremely ignorant, to state in your above post that somehow the world is laughing that Sen. Clinton might become SoS.

You're either totally ignorant of the fact, or either just willfully ignoring, the huge standing that both Clintons have in world; the respect that so many foreign leaders abroad have for both of them, because of what they have done on the world stage.

Who can forget Sen. Clinton's speech in Beijing, China where she stood down the Chinese in their own backyard for their human rights abuses. To this day, people still quote from that speech she gave in Beijing in 1995.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html...75AC0A963958260

Who get forget her going to various parts of the world, and championing such issues like microcredit, which has really helped some of our world's poorest women get microcredit loans to do things like start their own businesses.

http://www.womenaction.org/ungass/bpfa/micro_credit.html

So before you go making a claim like Hillary Clinton is the laughing stock of the world, please educated yourself and read.

-------~~~~--------
Site Administrator

Since 2004, the premiere online place for all Jodeci fans: lively discussion, archived articles, trivia, photos, etc.

Daily Motion:

Twitter:

user posted image

user posted image

SUPPORT AL B. SURE & HIS NEW CD HONEY I'M HOME! BRINGING ROMANCE & RESPECT BACK TO MUSIC W/ HIS NEW CD HONEY I'M HOME, IN STORES NOW! DEBUTED AT # 2 ON THE iTUNES R&B CHART. AFTER 17 YEARS AWAY, YES, HE DID THAT!

"When an artist delivers an album after more than a decade on hiatus, fans listen closely for the music they fell in love with and cynics listen closely for a deafening flop. In the case of Al B. Sure!, fans win out." (From an Associated Press review of Honey I'm Home)
Mary Poppins
Posted: Nov 23 2008, 02:48 PM
Quote Post

Confessed Shopaholic

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 14

QUOTE (SexySapphire @ Nov 22 2008, 04:29 PM)
What I find most amusing right now is that Obama is having to eat his words from the primaries.  During the primaries, one of his main talking points was that he didn't want to "re-fight the battles of the 90's."  He said that often.  And it was a pure slap at the Clintonites, and in effect blaming them for many of the partisan battles during those times.

So what does he do now?  Offers up Eric Holder for the top job at Justice.  And you can best believe that when Eric Holder goes for his confirmation hearings, the Marc Rich pardon will most definitely come up.

This all went down before I was really interested in politics. I just looked up Marc Rich...wow. maryluvs_furley.gif Ok, I remember alot of outrage in regards to Denise Rich and her contributions to the DNC and the pardon of her ex-husband, but at that time didn't know what was going on. Again, wow. I see why people were pissed. On this note, I will be watching Holder's confirmation closely. maryluvs_hmm.gif

Also, you stated that Obama made suggestions about not refighting the battles of the 90s and futher stating that he was blaming the Clintons for those battles. How so?

-------~~~~--------
Follow me on Twitter @ShopaholicIAM
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Mary Poppins
Posted: Nov 23 2008, 02:53 PM
Quote Post

Confessed Shopaholic

Ladybird, how do you feel about HRC possibly taking this appointment in the Obama Administration? Also, what is the consensus about her possible new role with her 08 Supporters? Are you guys excited or do you wish that she would maintain her seat in the Senate and wait until 2012?

-------~~~~--------
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Wee Tony
Posted: Nov 23 2008, 03:13 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (SexySapphire @ Nov 22 2008, 11:36 PM)

Don't make a fool of yourself here.

Oh really? maryluvs_brow.gif

Irish PM: Clinton 'hugely helpful' in Northern Ireland

Clinton has claimed partial credit for bringing peace to the troubled province; the Obama camp says she is inflating her importance. Peace process participants have weighed in on both sides.

Ahern was taoiseach throughout the negotiations. In Scranton on Sunday, Ahern told the local Times-Tribune that Clinton was “hugely helpful” in the process, both as first lady and a senator.

“She was the first lady of the United States, not a party leader in Northern Ireland,” Ahern said. “No one would expect her to get into the nitty-gritty of the process.”

But he added: “Any fair observation would find that both Hillary and Bill Clinton made peace in Ireland a priority while they were in the White House and after.”

http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/politics...ely_helpfu.html

A blog? Come on. maryluvs_rolleyes0.gif
Besides, I'm straining to see where in Bertie Ahern's statement that Hillary played a 'pivotal role'. I merely see a politician being polite.

I would, however, direct you to read the comments at the bottom of your, um, 'source' - "Don't believe a word this guy, Ahern says. I live in Ireland and the newspapers here are full of tribunals involving him in a variety of financial scandals. He is a master liar and it's no wonder he sticks up for Hillary."

Hillary role in Ireland hidden in Chelsea’s thesis

Nancy Soderberg, a senior adviser on Ireland to Bill Clinton, said that Hillary Clinton’s involvement at the time with Ulster women’s groups “really did support the peace process”. Former Northern Ireland peace broker George Mitchell told Newsweek that neither Hillary nor Bill sat at the peace table, as the discussions were limited to UK and Irish officials, and Northern Ireland politicians. But he reiterated Soderberg’s view that Clinton played a “supportive role” with Ulster women. She’s still winning the Irish vote today

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/hillary-...-thesis/294410/

"supportive role" is not exactly a "pivotal role" is it?
Oh, and is that Chelsea as in her daughter Chelsea Clinton? Imagine that... a daughter backing her mother up. Hold the front page maryluvs_rolleyes0.gif

Irish Leaders Defend Hillary: She Played Major Role In Peace Deal

"David Trimble is reported as saying Senator Hillary Clinton played no part in the Irish peace process. That is not true. Senator Clinton played an important role in the peace process," he said. "I met the senator on many occasions when she was First Lady, and subsequently when she became a senator for New York State. I always found her to be extremely well informed on the issues."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/03/12/i...ll_n_91126.html

...and here's another article from exactly the same source...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/max-bergmann...rt_b_91536.html

I also notice that quote isn't actually accredited to anyone, let alone "Irish Leaders"

Moreover, with all due respect, I just think it's not only factually incorrect of you, but extremely ignorant, to state in your above post that somehow the world is laughing that Sen. Clinton might become SoS.

You're either totally ignorant of the fact, or either just willfully ignoring, the huge standing that both Clintons have in world; the respect that so many foreign leaders abroad have for both of them, because of what they have done on the world stage.

I'm left wondering how you believe yourself to be better placed than me to know what people outside America are thinking. You being inside America. Me being outside America.

Who can forget Sen. Clinton's speech in Beijing, China where she stood down the Chinese in their own backyard for their human rights abuses.  To this day, people still quote from that speech she gave in Beijing in 1995.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html...75AC0A963958260

Who get forget her going to various parts of the world, and championing such issues like microcredit, which has really helped some of our world's poorest women get microcredit loans to do things like start their own businesses.

http://www.womenaction.org/ungass/bpfa/micro_credit.html

Well, bully for her. maryluvs_rolleyes0.gif But that's not what we're talking about is it? We're talking about the "integral" and "pivotal" role she claims to have played in Northern Irish peace process aren't we?
Or alternatively, we could talk about my other indication that Ms Clinton is guilty of exaggeration... http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ao2D-YBb1Zo

So before you go making a claim like Hillary Clinton is the laughing stock of the world, please educated yourself and read.

You'll forgive me if I don't take advice on my education from someone with grammar like that which I have highlighted above.

Here are some quotations from people who know what they are talking about.

"Hillary Clinton was totally invisible at the actual negotiations.  As far as I am concerned, Mrs Clinton was as relevant to peace in Northern Ireland as Tony Blair's wife or the ex-wife of Bertie Ahern."  

-Peter King, an Ulster Unionist Party negotiator at the Good Friday talks

"Mrs Clinton's claims were a wee bit silly"
"I don’t know there was much she did apart from accompanying Bill going around,"
"She visited when things were happening, saw what was going on, she can certainly say it was part of her experience. I don’t want to rain on the thing for her but being a cheerleader for something is slightly different from being a principal player."

- Lord Trimble of Lisnagarvey, who shared the Nobel Peace Prize with John Hume of the nationalist Social Democratic and Labour Party in 1998

"inflated" claim

- Greg Craig, a foreign policy adviser to Barack Obama who served in President Bill Clinton's administration at the time of the talks

"If you look at the books that deal with the American side she doesn't figure in any significant way, certainly not instrumental."

- George Mitchell, chair of the peace talks

"There would have been no contact with her either in person or on the phone. I was with Hume regularly during calls in the months leading up to the Good Friday Agreement when he was taking calls from the White House and they were invariably coming from the president."

- Conall McDevitt, an SDLP negotiator and aide to Mr Hume during the talks

"I remember a meeting that I pulled together in Belfast, in the town hall there, bringing together for the first time Catholics and Protestants from both traditions, having them sitting a room where they had never been before with each other because they don’t go to school together, they don’t live together and it was only in large measure because I really asked them to come that they were there.
And I wasn’t sure it was going to be very successful and finally a Catholic woman on one side of the table said, ’You know, every time my husband leaves for work in the morning I worry he won’t come home at night.
And then a Protestant woman on the other side said, ’Every time my son tries to go out at night I worry he won’t come home again’. And suddenly instead of seeing each other as caricatures and stereotypes they saw each other as human beings and the slow, hard work of peace-making could move forward."

- Hillary Clinton, New Hampshire, January 6th 2007
There is no record of a meeting at Belfast City Hall, though Mrs Clinton attended a ceremony there when her husband turned on the Christmas tree lights in November 1995.

"She was invited along to some pre-arranged meetings but I don’t think she exactly brought anybody together that hadn’t been brought together already,"

-Steven King, a negotiator with Lord Trimble’s Ulster Unionist Party

Cheerleading just about sums it up

-Lindy McDowell, Belfast Telegraph

I live 60 miles from Northern Ireland. I am submerged in their politics on a daily basis. So I do not need to "educated" myself - particularly from spurious American blogs thank you very much. I lived through it.

While I don't want to shatter your apparent love affair with Ms Clinton, I feel I should correct you on your misconceptions on the Good Friday peace deal. If you need further evidence on Hillary Clinton's "integral role" in the peace process, then may I refer you to her memoirs, Living History, where she neglects to mention her pivotal role altogether.

-------~~~~--------
QUOTE (John Lennon)
Free yourselves
PMEmail PosterMSN
No One Will Do
Posted: Nov 24 2008, 03:17 PM
Quote Post

Kiki-**Certified Party Planner**

Member No.: 32

QUOTE (Wee Tony @ Nov 22 2008, 12:27 PM)
QUOTE (Blue Butterfly @ Nov 22 2008, 01:15 AM)

edit

What? maryluvs_confused1.gif unsure.gif

unsure.gif Oh it was nothing really, in general I was happy about some appointments and others not so much but I decided to hold my peace, give him a chance, let the man get sworn in, and truly fuc up before I bitch and moan.. maryluvs_giggle.gif maryluvs_laughing.gif

-------~~~~--------
user posted image

"Sincerity"
Mary J. Blige feat. Nas & DMX - Sincerity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmsIliDu4qE
user posted image [/color]

user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
Mary Poppins
Posted: Dec 1 2008, 06:56 PM
Quote Post

Confessed Shopaholic

Obama names Clinton to top role in his team

Defense Secretary Gates to stay on; Holder, Napolitano, Jones, Rice tapped

CHICAGO - President-elect Barack Obama announced former rival Hillary Rodham Clinton as his choice for secretary of state Monday and also said he would keep Robert Gates as defense minister as the incoming administration seeks to wind down the U.S. role in Iraq.

Obama also named Washington lawyer Eric Holder as attorney general and Arizona Gov. Janet Napolitano as homeland security secretary. He also announced two senior foreign policy positions outside the Cabinet: campaign foreign policy adviser Susan Rice as U.N. ambassador and retired Marine Gen. James L. Jones as national security adviser.

The announcements rounded out the top tier of the team that will advise the incoming chief executive on foreign and national security issues in an era marked by wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and terrorism around the globe.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27983003

-------~~~~--------
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Code Orange
Posted: Dec 1 2008, 09:58 PM
Quote Post

**Always here, just quiet**

Member No.: 107

Nice team. maryluvs_smile.gif
PM
Mary Poppins
Posted: Jan 4 2009, 08:03 PM
Quote Post

Confessed Shopaholic

I'm pretty sure by now you guys have heard the Breaking News this morning that Bill Richardson has withdrawn from being Sec. of Commerce.

-------~~~~--------
PMEmail PosterYahoo
SexySapphire
Posted: Jan 4 2009, 08:13 PM
Quote Post

Senior

QUOTE (Jacqueline Monique Smith @ Jan 4 2009, 06:53 PM)
I'm pretty sure by now you guys have heard the Breaking News this morning that Bill Richardson has withdrawn from being Sec. of Commerce.

Which leads to the question of the vetting process.

Seems to me that this is the kind of info that would have come to light for Obama's team while they were vetting Richardson.

Or was Obama just more concerned about paying political debts to those who supported him?

-------~~~~--------
Site Administrator

Daily Motion:

Twitter:

user posted image

user posted image

Mary Poppins
Posted: Jan 5 2009, 12:23 PM
Quote Post

Confessed Shopaholic

QUOTE (SexySapphire @ Jan 4 2009, 07:03 PM)

Seems to me that this is the kind of info that would have come to light for Obama's team while they were vetting Richardson.

Or was Obama just more concerned about paying political debts to those who supported him?

Apparently, they already knew about the investigation at the time of the pick. It was Richardsons decision to step down because he did not want the investigation to hold up his confirmation.

-------~~~~--------
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Wee Tony
Posted: Jan 5 2009, 01:13 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (SexySapphire @ Jan 5 2009, 01:03 AM)

Do I hear the sound of a grinding axe...? maryluvs_ph34r.gif

user posted image

-------~~~~--------
QUOTE (John Lennon)
Free yourselves
PMEmail PosterMSN
Mary Poppins
Posted: Jan 5 2009, 03:47 PM
Quote Post

Confessed Shopaholic

QUOTE (Wee Tony @ Jan 5 2009, 12:03 PM)
Do I hear the sound of a grinding axe...? maryluvs_ph34r.gif

user posted image

maryluvs_spit.gif

Tony, are your trying to get me fired? As soon as I read that, I just bust out laughing and my Supervisor is right outside my office door. maryluvs_ph34r.gif

-------~~~~--------
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Code Orange
Posted: Jan 5 2009, 04:18 PM
Quote Post

Do I hear the sound of a grinding axe...?  maryluvs_ph34r.gif

user posted image

maryluvs_giggle.gif
PM
No One Will Do
Posted: Jan 5 2009, 04:20 PM
Quote Post

Kiki-**Certified Party Planner**

Member No.: 32

Do I hear the sound of a grinding axe...?  maryluvs_ph34r.gif

user posted image

maryluvs_dead2.gif maryluvs_spit.gif

-------~~~~--------
user posted image

"Sincerity"
Mary J. Blige feat. Nas & DMX - Sincerity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmsIliDu4qE
user posted image [/color]

user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
Code Orange
Posted: Jan 5 2009, 04:23 PM
Quote Post

I don't care for some of the cabinet choices, but thought Bill and Hillary supporters would be pleased that Obama has nominated her as Secretary of State. His influence was obviously Abraham Lincoln (aka Team of Rivals), so it's no surprise that he has Clintonistas in his cabinet. Especially since the country is in shambles.
PM
Mary Poppins
Posted: Jan 5 2009, 06:39 PM
Quote Post

Confessed Shopaholic

Obama picks Panetta for CIA director
Leon Panetta was Bill Clinton's chief of staff and Iraq Study Group member
NBC News has confirmed that President-elect Barack Obama has chosen former Clinton White House chief of staff Leon Panetta to run the CIA.

Panetta was a surprise pick for the post, with no experience in the intelligence world. An Obama transition official and another Democrat disclosed his nomination on a condition of anonymity since it was not yet public.

Panetta was director of the Office of Management and Budget and a longtime congressman from California.

He served on the Iraq Study Group, a bipartisan panel that released a report at the end of 2006 with dozens of recommendations for the reversing course in the Iraq war.

Panetta currently directs with his wife Sylvia the Leon & Sylvia Panetta Institute for Public Policy, based at California State University, Monterey Bay a university he helped establish on the site of the former U.S. Army base, Fort Ord.

NBC's Chuck Todd and Savannah Guthrie contributed to this story. This is a breaking news story. Please check back for updates.

© 2009 msnbc.com

-------~~~~--------
PMEmail PosterYahoo
SexySapphire
Posted: Jan 5 2009, 11:02 PM
Quote Post

Senior

QUOTE (Code Orange @ Jan 5 2009, 03:13 PM)

I don't care for some of the cabinet choices, but thought Bill and Hillary supporters would be pleased that Obama has nominated her as Secretary of State. His influence was obviously Abraham Lincoln (aka Team of Rivals), so it's no surprise that he has Clintonistas in his cabinet. Especially since the country is in shambles.

So we should be "pleased," as if Obama has done Sen. Clinton a favor by choosing her for SoS?

I actually think he chose her out of necessity. He knows the reguard in which the Clintons are held around the world.

It's funny to me b/c he went from making fun of her foreign policy experience during the primaries (by basically saying she just went and sipped tea with foreign leaders) to now nominating her for SoS.

So I'm watching his 180-turn-around with amusement.

By back to the topic of Bill Richardson. My respect for him is really dwindiling. I heard today that he concealed from the Obama team the seriousness of the investigation...that the Obama team didn't know it was that deep.

So I think Richardson did a disservice to the Obama team on that matter.

-------~~~~--------
Site Administrator

Daily Motion:

Twitter:

user posted image

user posted image

Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Google

Web maryluvs.clicdev.com
Skin By L!th!uM sur PlanetGrafiK
Web Statistics