Skin Invision By L!th!uM

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Transition of Power
Code Orange
Posted: Jan 6 2009, 01:34 AM
Quote Post

**Always here, just quiet**

Group: Members
Member Inventory: View

Member No.: 107

QUOTE (SexySapphire @ Jan 5 2009, 09:52 PM)
QUOTE (Code Orange @ Jan 5 2009, 03:13 PM)
QUOTE (SexySapphire @ Jan 4 2009, 07:03 PM)
Which leads to the question of the vetting process.

Seems to me that this is the kind of info that would have come to light for Obama's team while they were vetting Richardson.

Or was Obama just more concerned about paying political debts to those who supported him?

I don't care for some of the cabinet choices, but thought Bill and Hillary supporters would be pleased that Obama has nominated her as Secretary of State. His influence was obviously Abraham Lincoln (aka Team of Rivals), so it's no surprise that he has Clintonistas in his cabinet. Especially since the country is in shambles.

So we should be "pleased," as if Obama has done Sen. Clinton a favor by choosing her for SoS?

I actually think he chose her out of necessity. He knows the reguard in which the Clintons are held around the world.

It's funny to me b/c he went from making fun of her foreign policy experience during the primaries (by basically saying she just went and sipped tea with foreign leaders) to now nominating her for SoS.

So I'm watching his 180-turn-around with amusement.

By back to the topic of Bill Richardson. My respect for him is really dwindiling. I heard today that he concealed from the Obama team the seriousness of the investigation...that the Obama team didn't know it was that deep.

So I think Richardson did a disservice to the Obama team on that matter.

No, but at least he is trying to mend fences with her 18 million supporters that were unhappy how the primaries turned out and ones that may have voted for McCain.

There are other Democrats besides the Clintons that have foreign policy experience and knowledge, and that foreign leaders have a great deal of respect for.

Now that Obama is going to be president, it's time to stop acting like the world or Democratic Party revolves only around the Clintons. Just sayin.
PM
Wee Tony
Posted: Jan 7 2009, 10:08 AM
Quote Post

Punching above his weight

Member No.: 461

QUOTE (Jacqueline Monique Smith @ Jan 5 2009, 08:37 PM)
QUOTE (Wee Tony @ Jan 5 2009, 12:03 PM)
Do I hear the sound of a grinding axe...?  maryluvs_ph34r.gif

user posted image

maryluvs_spit.gif

Tony, are your trying to get me fired? As soon as I read that, I just bust out laughing and my Supervisor is right outside my office door. maryluvs_ph34r.gif

maryluvs_laughing.gif Sorry maryluvs_stud.gif

-------~~~~--------
QUOTE (John Lennon)
Free yourselves
PMEmail PosterMSN
Mary Poppins
Posted: Jan 20 2009, 11:13 PM
Quote Post

Confessed Shopaholic

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 14

I didn't get to see Oprah yesterday but of course the news of the maryluvs_quote.gif Jill Slip maryluvs_quote.gif has spread through Washington like wildfire. Apparently, she made a comment, in which the VP quickly hushed, that Joe had his pick of VP or SOS. This makes me wonder if he had picked SoS, if Hilliary would have been sworn in today as the VP. maryluvs_hmm.gif

-------~~~~--------
Follow me on Twitter @ShopaholicIAM
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Code Orange
Posted: Jan 21 2009, 06:03 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Jacqueline Monique Smith @ Jan 20 2009, 10:03 PM)
I didn't get to see Oprah yesterday but of course the news of the maryluvs_quote.gif Jill Slip maryluvs_quote.gif has spread through Washington like wildfire. Apparently, she made a comment, in which the VP quickly hushed, that Joe had his pick of VP or SOS. This makes me wonder if he had picked SoS, if Hilliary would have been sworn in today as the VP. maryluvs_hmm.gif

Yep. I heard that too.
PM
SexySapphire
Posted: Jan 21 2009, 09:15 PM
Quote Post

Senior

Member No.: 490

QUOTE (Jacqueline Monique Smith @ Jan 20 2009, 10:03 PM)

And that's why the Vice-President hurried and shut his wife up.

Because her comment that her husband had a choice between VP or SoS, showed that Obama lied.

Obama had said previously that he had been thinking of Hillary Clinton as SoS for a long time...and that pretty much she was his only choice.

Dr. Biden's comment on Oprah was obviously in conflict with what Obama stated.

It also reminded me of how Obama had said before that Hillary Clinton would be on anyone's short list for VP because of her extreme qualifications and intelligence. And then we later learned that Obama's team never even vetted or considered her for VP. Never asked her for any financial or other paperwork to be considered for VP. So he lied there as well. maryluvs_smh.gif

Anyway, Hillary was confirmed as Secretary of State this afternoon and sworn in in her old office on Capitol Hill.

-------~~~~--------
Site Administrator
The Ultimate Jodeci Message Board
http://jodecitalk.proboards37.com

Since 2004, the premiere online place for all Jodeci fans: lively discussion, archived articles, trivia, photos, etc.

Daily Motion:
http://dailymotion.com/ultimatejodeci

Twitter:
http://twitter.com/ladybird4jodeci

Instagram: womanofgrace

Facebook: Ladybird Lb

Your Listen: http://yourlisten.com/user/public/ladybird

user posted image

user posted image

SUPPORT AL B. SURE & HIS NEW CD HONEY I'M HOME! BRINGING ROMANCE & RESPECT BACK TO MUSIC W/ HIS NEW CD HONEY I'M HOME, IN STORES NOW! DEBUTED AT # 2 ON THE iTUNES R&B CHART. AFTER 17 YEARS AWAY, YES, HE DID THAT!

"When an artist delivers an album after more than a decade on hiatus, fans listen closely for the music they fell in love with and cynics listen closely for a deafening flop. In the case of Al B. Sure!, fans win out." (From an Associated Press review of Honey I'm Home)
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Wee Tony
Posted: Jan 21 2009, 09:24 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (SexySapphire @ Jan 22 2009, 02:05 AM)
Hillary Clinton would be on anyone's short list for VP because of her extreme qualifications and intelligence.

Well that's clearly a crock of shit

-------~~~~--------
QUOTE (John Lennon)
Free yourselves
PMEmail PosterMSN
SexySapphire
Posted: Jan 21 2009, 09:26 PM
Quote Post

Senior

QUOTE (Wee Tony @ Jan 21 2009, 08:14 PM)
Well that's clearly a crock of shit

Well tell that to your new President, since he's the one who kept saying it. But then lied b/c he never even considered her.

What the hell is your problem with Secretary Clinton, anyway?

-------~~~~--------
Site Administrator

Since 2004, the premiere online place for all Jodeci fans: lively discussion, archived articles, trivia, photos, etc.

Daily Motion:

Twitter:

user posted image

user posted image

SUPPORT AL B. SURE & HIS NEW CD HONEY I'M HOME! BRINGING ROMANCE & RESPECT BACK TO MUSIC W/ HIS NEW CD HONEY I'M HOME, IN STORES NOW! DEBUTED AT # 2 ON THE iTUNES R&B CHART. AFTER 17 YEARS AWAY, YES, HE DID THAT!

"When an artist delivers an album after more than a decade on hiatus, fans listen closely for the music they fell in love with and cynics listen closely for a deafening flop. In the case of Al B. Sure!, fans win out." (From an Associated Press review of Honey I'm Home)
SexySapphire
Posted: Jan 21 2009, 09:33 PM
Quote Post

Senior

It seems as though change is coming to the Department of State already!

I just went to their website, and right underneath "U.S. Department of State" they have the words "Diplomacy in Action."

And I'm 99.9% certain that the "Diplomacy in Action" was NOT there when I visited the site yesterday.

I love it! I think the "Diplomacy in Action" tagline shows how committed President Obama and Secretary Clinton are to bringing the United States back into the league of nations and dialoging again even with those countries we don't necessarily agree with.

This is a great thing!

-------~~~~--------
Site Administrator

Daily Motion:

Twitter:

user posted image

user posted image

Wee Tony
Posted: Jan 21 2009, 09:40 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (SexySapphire @ Jan 22 2009, 02:16 AM)
Well tell that to your new President, since he's the one who kept saying it.  But then lied b/c he never even considered her.

What the hell is your problem with Secretary Clinton, anyway?

She talks out of her hole. She is condescending, two dimensional, conceited, vacuous, transparent, and craves power.
She also made a complete tit of herself with all her Walter Mitty stories during her campaign. The one about Northern Ireland was just insulting and patronising.

Whilst I am against her appointment, I see it for what it was - an attempt to unify the party after such a divisive campaign: an attempt to restore ideology before personality. Obviously it hasn't persuaded everyone - there appears to still be those who are still following the cult of personality, and harbour a bitterness that led them to cut their nose to spite their face.

Obama isn't my president BTW.

And so what? A politician concealed his true intentions... and in other news, the sun came up this morning, the sky is blue, and the oceans still cover 73% of the Earth's surface maryluvs_rolleyes0.gif

Believing that there is a politician out there who isn't economical with the truth, is as plausible as believing little green fairies live under your bed. maryluvs_happy.gif

-------~~~~--------
QUOTE (John Lennon)
Free yourselves
PMEmail PosterMSN
SexySapphire
Posted: Jan 22 2009, 12:17 AM
Quote Post

Senior

QUOTE (Wee Tony @ Jan 21 2009, 08:30 PM)
She talks out of her hole.  She is condescending, two dimensional, conceited, vacuous, transparent, and craves power.
She also made a complete tit of herself with all her Walter Mitty stories during her campaign.  The one about Northern Ireland was just insulting and patronising.

Whilst I am against her appointment, I see it for what it was - an attempt to unify the party after such a divisive campaign: an attempt to restore ideology before personality.  Obviously it hasn't persuaded everyone - there appears to still be those who are still following the cult of personality, and harbour a bitterness that led them to cut their nose to spite their face.

Obama isn't my president BTW.

And so what?  A politician concealed his true intentions... and in other news, the sun came up this morning, the sky is blue, and the oceans still cover 73% of the Earth's surface  maryluvs_rolleyes0.gif

Believing that there is a politician out there who isn't economical with the truth, is as plausible as believing little green fairies live under your bed. maryluvs_happy.gif

Hmmm...I wonder, if she were a man, would you be talking about how she "craves power."

This is a scary bright woman who 1) because of her leadership abilities and how she brought all sides together, was selected by her own classmates to give the student address at her graduation from Wellsley College, 2) becaue of her oustanding legal mind, was asked to come to DC and serve during the impeachment proceedings against Richard Nixon, 3) worked for Marian Wright Edelman at the Children's Defense Fund, 4) reformed education in Arkansas and 5) has traveled the world on behalf of so many causes, including human rights in China, championing issues like microcredit, and as First Lady, put the spotlight on the Gulf War Syndrome when many people returning from the first Gulf War came home sick.

And that's just a snapshot. Not to mention that as United States Senator, she has won high praise from some of the very same people who tried to impeach and remove her husband from office. Why has she won praise from them? Because of the workhorse mentality that she has displayed while in the Senate. Sen. Lindsay Graham, one of the people who led the impeachment effort against President Clinton, even wrote an article for Time magazine praising her as one of the best new Senators.

Her workhorse mentality is why you had people like Sen. John McCain on the floor of the Senate today urging his colleagues to quickly confirm her today as SoS.

So just ask yourself if she were a man, and still had all the afforementioned credentials (and more), would you still affix that "craves power" label.

And with your comment about "And so what? A politician concealed his true intentions..." It sounds like you're making excuses for Barack Obama...that because other politicans may conceal their true intentions, it's ok for him to do so. That, my friend, is NOT "change we can believe in."

-------~~~~--------
Site Administrator

Daily Motion:

Twitter:

user posted image

user posted image

Code Orange
Posted: Jan 22 2009, 05:16 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (SexySapphire @ Jan 21 2009, 08:05 PM)
And that's why the Vice-President hurried and shut his wife up.

Because her comment that her husband had a choice between VP or SoS, showed that Obama lied.

Obama had said previously that he had been thinking of Hillary Clinton as SoS for a long time...and that pretty much she was his only choice.

Dr. Biden's comment on Oprah was obviously in conflict with what Obama stated.

It also reminded me of how Obama had said before that Hillary Clinton would be on anyone's short list for VP because of her extreme qualifications and intelligence.  And then we later learned that Obama's team never even vetted or considered her for VP.  Never asked her for any financial or other paperwork to be considered for VP.  So he lied there as well.  maryluvs_smh.gif

Anyway, Hillary was confirmed as Secretary of State this afternoon and sworn in in her old office on Capitol Hill.

In defense of Dr. Biden, she is a private person. She has an everyday job as a teacher. After her husband was selected as Obama's running mate, she was thrust into the spotlight. She hadn't been giving many interviews (I don't think) . And like many educators, she was being honest.
PM
Mary Poppins
Posted: Jan 22 2009, 01:29 PM
Quote Post

Confessed Shopaholic

QUOTE (SexySapphire @ Jan 21 2009, 08:23 PM)
It seems as though change is coming to the Department of State already!

I just went to their website, and right underneath "U.S. Department of State" they have the words "Diplomacy in Action."

And I'm 99.9% certain that the "Diplomacy in Action" was NOT there when I visited the site yesterday.

I love it! I think the "Diplomacy in Action" tagline shows how committed President Obama and Secretary Clinton are to bringing the United States back into the league of nations and dialoging again even with those countries we don't necessarily agree with.

This is a great thing!

Secretary Clinton speaks with employees at the State Department:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp=28792160�

-------~~~~--------
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Wee Tony
Posted: Jan 22 2009, 04:12 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (SexySapphire @ Jan 22 2009, 05:07 AM)
Hmmm...I wonder, if she were a man, would you be talking about how she "craves power."

This is a scary bright woman who 1) because of her leadership abilities and how she brought all sides together, was selected by her own classmates to give the student address at her graduation from Wellsley College, 2) becaue of her oustanding legal mind, was asked to come to DC and serve during the impeachment proceedings against Richard Nixon, 3) worked for Marian Wright Edelman at the Children's Defense Fund, 4) reformed education in Arkansas and 5) has traveled the world on behalf of so many causes, including human rights in China, championing issues like microcredit, and as First Lady, put the spotlight on the Gulf War Syndrome when many people returning from the first Gulf War came home sick.

And that's just a snapshot. Not to mention that as United States Senator, she has won high praise from some of the very same people who tried to impeach and remove her husband from office. Why has she won praise from them? Because of the workhorse mentality that she has displayed while in the Senate. Sen. Lindsay Graham, one of the people who led the impeachment effort against President Clinton, even wrote an article for Time magazine praising her as one of the best new Senators.

Her workhorse mentality is why you had people like Sen. John McCain on the floor of the Senate today urging his colleagues to quickly confirm her today as SoS.

So just ask yourself if she were a man, and still had all the afforementioned credentials (and more), would you still affix that "craves power" label.

And with your comment about "And so what? A politician concealed his true intentions..." It sounds like you're making excuses for Barack Obama...that because other politicans may conceal their true intentions, it's ok for him to do so. That, my friend, is NOT "change we can believe in."

Hmmmm... I wonder if she were a man, would I be accused of sexism? maryluvs_rolleyes0.gif

The fact she is a woman is as irrelevant as her alleged 'credentials'. The methods she tried to shoehorn her way into office showed her for what she was - power hungry. She lost all credibility with the exaggerated egocentric tales she told.

As for making excuses for Obama... Not really, I'm just being a realist. I realise the rhetorical value of all this 'change' crap - I don't buy into it, but I don't mind it, because, again, that is just the nature of politicians. All the 'change' rhetoric is tailored for an American audience, and the fact you are trying to quote it at me shows me that you have not appreciated the purpose for which it was conceived.

-------~~~~--------
QUOTE (John Lennon)
Free yourselves
PMEmail PosterMSN
Mary Poppins
Posted: Feb 4 2009, 12:42 PM
Quote Post

Confessed Shopaholic

OK, Obama's cabinet is falling apart at the seams. Three of his picks have bowed out over the past few weeks over things that should've been picked up during the vetting process. maryluvs_smh2.gif

-------~~~~--------
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Wee Tony
Posted: Feb 4 2009, 01:09 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Jacqueline Monique Smith @ Feb 4 2009, 05:32 PM)
OK, Obama's cabinet is falling apart at the seams. Three of his picks have bowed out over the past few weeks over things that should've been picked up during the vetting process. maryluvs_smh2.gif

It was always going to happen to a newbie entering the establishment.

Just thank your lucky stars that they're being weeded out now before they were handed any real authority. It's actually quite a good thing - rather than the usual 'save face' method employed by politicians, we are perhaps seeing the beginning of the transparent government you were promised... it looks hopeful, and is quite a refreshing change
maryluvs_happy.gif

-------~~~~--------
QUOTE (John Lennon)
Free yourselves
PMEmail PosterMSN
Mary Poppins
Posted: Feb 4 2009, 06:02 PM
Quote Post

Confessed Shopaholic

QUOTE (Wee Tony @ Feb 4 2009, 11:59 AM)

Just thank your lucky stars that they're being weeded out now before they were handed any real authority. It's actually quite a good thing - rather than the usual 'save face' method employed by politicians, we are perhaps seeing the beginning of the transparent government you were promised... it looks hopeful, and is quite a refreshing change
maryluvs_happy.gif

Glad to see your positive spin on it. I just look at it as something the naysayers can gloat over. maryluvs_smh.gif

-------~~~~--------
PMEmail PosterYahoo
No One Will Do
Posted: Feb 4 2009, 06:51 PM
Quote Post

Kiki-**Certified Party Planner**

Member No.: 32

QUOTE (Wee Tony @ Feb 4 2009, 11:59 AM)

Just thank your lucky stars that they're being weeded out now before they were handed any real authority.  It's actually quite a good thing - rather than the usual 'save face' method employed by politicians, we are perhaps seeing the beginning of the transparent government you were promised... it looks hopeful, and is quite a refreshing change
maryluvs_happy.gif

maryluvs_excl.gif

maryluvs_happy.gif

-------~~~~--------
user posted image

"Sincerity"
Mary J. Blige feat. Nas & DMX - Sincerity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmsIliDu4qE
user posted image [/color]

user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
rodog
Posted: Feb 8 2009, 03:21 PM
Quote Post

Sophomore

Member No.: 113

I was at the inauguration. Was anyone else there ?
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Google

Web maryluvs.clicdev.com
Skin By L!th!uM sur PlanetGrafiK
Web Statistics