> Planned Parenthood Focuses on Black Women
No One Will Do
Posted: Feb 9 2012, 10:01 PM
Quote Post

Kiki-**Certified Party Planner**

Group: Moderator
Member Inventory: View

Member No.: 32

Last week, the discussion about Planned Parenthood was all about the Susan G. Komen Foundation funding shakeup. Now that's over, and the organization is spreading the word about the reproductive health disparities facing African American Women. Bonus: The extra attention from the recent headlines is predicted to give a boost to the cause.

A documentary title "A Vital Service," is set to premiere nationally in Washington, DC, New York City and Atlanta, as well as on more than 70 college campuses during Black History Month.

It features patients, healthcare providers and politicians, such as Rep. Gwen Moore, whose passionate case against black genocide rhetoric rocked the House of Representatives last year.

Despite the inevitable response from pro-life groups that this is more evidence of the organizations' push for African American genocide, Planned Parenthood President Cecile Richards says, "We've got to find more ways to tell these stories. When we look at reproductive care, African-American women are three times more likely to have an unintended pregnancy than white women. That's just completely unacceptable, and a lot of that is about lack of access to affordable birth control and, for young people, access to sex education."

user posted image

Watch the trailer here:

http://www.theroot.com/buzz/planned-parent...ses-black-women

-------~~~~--------
user posted image

"Sincerity"
Mary J. Blige feat. Nas & DMX - Sincerity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmsIliDu4qE
user posted image [/color]

user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
THE_FIRST_LADY
Posted: Mar 30 2013, 09:16 AM
Quote Post

Senior

Group: Members

Member No.: 580

maryluvs_clapping.gif

-------~~~~--------

PM
mjbluv
Posted: Aug 3 2013, 12:41 PM
Quote Post

T H E R A P Y

Group: Members

Member No.: 2858

SN: Planned Parenthood was founded by white racists who gave speeches at KKK events and were apart of the Eugenics movement.

-------~~~~--------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Mary Poppins
Posted: Aug 11 2013, 02:29 PM
Quote Post

Confessed Shopaholic

Member No.: 14

QUOTE (mjbluv @ Aug 3 2013, 12:41 PM)
SN: Planned Parenthood was founded by white racists who gave speeches at KKK events and were apart of the Eugenics movement.

Now what now? maryluvs_read2.gif

-------~~~~--------
Follow me on Twitter @ShopaholicIAM
PMEmail PosterYahoo
No One Will Do
Posted: Dec 26 2013, 03:23 PM
Quote Post

Kiki-**Certified Party Planner**

Member No.: 32

I didn't know about the KKK Eugenics movement but wouln't shock me..This has been a long journey for me...but I no longer believe in abortion. I thank God I never had one but I know that if I felt I needed one for all those years I would have had one..I still think that Planned Parenthood does a lot of good for women by offering options and treatment options for a range of female issues....
I went my entire adolesent and adulthood bing pro-choice but at 42 I stumbled accross a few passages in the bible not to get " churchy" but for me changed my life and outlook...still my choice just different know..

Jeremiah 1:5
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, And before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations.”

Psalm 139:13-16
For You formed my inward parts ; You wove me in my mother’s womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth ; Your eyes have seen my unformed substance ; And in Your book were all written The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them.

-------~~~~--------
user posted image

"Sincerity"
Mary J. Blige feat. Nas & DMX - Sincerity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmsIliDu4qE
user posted image [/color]

user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Google

Web maryluvs.clicdev.com
Skin By L!th!uM sur PlanetGrafiK