Skin Invision By L!th!uM

Pages: (2) [1] 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Migranes, Describe the Experience
IZthe411
Posted: Jun 6 2006, 06:10 PM
Quote Post

Time For Change

Group: Members
Member Inventory: View

Member No.: 33

I dunno if i spelled it right LOL

Yesterday I was playing bball, and in the middle of the first game my vision started to blur...then it cleared up about 10 minutes later. then about 10 minutes later I got this MASSIVE headache....I played bball for the next 2 hours, with my head pounding. When I got home, my head was banging so bad that I couldn't make it to the shower. I collasped on the bed.

When I talked to a few people today, they said I had a migrane. This has happened to me before maybe once twice before- prob once every other year.

They told me to talk to my doc about it?

Was it a migraine? Have any of you had this experience?

-------~~~~--------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
ReddLuv
Posted: Jun 6 2006, 07:29 PM
Quote Post

work in progress

Member No.: 1641

I havent had it but know people who have and it sounds the same as yours. You really should get that checked out! My boss had to get a shot last week cuz hers was so bad maryluvs_excl.gif
PMEmail Poster
Jefferson St. Joe
Posted: Jun 6 2006, 09:32 PM
Quote Post

Are U Ready to Rock with the Queen of Hip Hop?

Member No.: 4

get that checked out ASAP. I don't wanna scare you but blury vision and migranes are symptons of a brain tumor. Trust me I know, I have done the research.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Josh
Posted: Jun 6 2006, 09:39 PM
Quote Post

Senior

Member No.: 46

I dont think you would be able to continue on with the basketball game if it was a migraine. My sister used to have them and it included also nausea and heavy pain in the eyes, she couldn't do anything sometimes for more than one day. maryluvs_huhh.gif But maybe it can be different for different people
PMEmail Poster
IZthe411
Posted: Jun 6 2006, 10:37 PM
Quote Post

Time For Change

QUOTE (Josh @ Jun 6 2006, 08:26 PM)
I dont think you would be able to continue on with the basketball game if it was a migraine. My sister used to have them and it included also nausea and heavy pain in the eyes, she couldn't do anything sometimes for more than one day. maryluvs_huhh.gif But maybe it can be different for different people

I had some nausea too

-------~~~~--------
user posted image
IZthe411
Posted: Jun 6 2006, 10:39 PM
Quote Post

Time For Change

QUOTE (Samsonite Man @ Jun 6 2006, 08:19 PM)
get that checked out ASAP. I don't wanna scare you but blury vision and migranes are symptons of a brain tumor. Trust me I know, I have done the research.

maryluvs_hmm.gif

I wonder where I could have gotten it from?

-------~~~~--------
user posted image
Chris
Posted: Jun 8 2006, 04:59 AM
Quote Post

Senior

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 9

Yes. It sounds like you had a migraine. Usually, it will start with blurred vision, or almost like bright spotty lights lingering on one or both sides of your eyes. Second, comes the painful pounding of the headache. Which can last for many hours. Finally a feeling of nausea comes over you, and will linger for a while, untill finally it forces you to vomit. (However, not all people vomit.) After a while, the headache subsides, but the pain from all the pounding still lingers like a bruise on your head for at least a day or so after.

I used to get migraines when i was a kid. Thankfully, they stopped by the time I became a teenager.

-------~~~~--------
user posted image
PM
Josh
Posted: Jun 8 2006, 05:26 AM
Quote Post

Senior

QUOTE (Chris~YounGBludZ @ Jun 8 2006, 11:46 AM)
Yes. It sounds like you had a migraine. Usually, it will start with blurred vision, or almost like bright spotty lights lingering on one or both sides of your eyes. Second, comes the painful pounding of the headache. Which can last for many hours. Finally a feeling of nausea comes over you, and will linger for a while, untill finally it forces you to vomit. (However, not all people vomit.) After a while, the headache subsides, but the pain from all the pounding still lingers like a bruise on your head for at least a day or so after.

I used to get migraines when i was a kid. Thankfully, they stopped by the time I became a teenager.

Didnt it also include extreme photosensitivity, like you couldnt bear even the most dim lights?
PMEmail Poster
Chris
Posted: Jun 8 2006, 10:59 AM
Quote Post

Senior

QUOTE (Josh @ Jun 8 2006, 02:13 AM)
QUOTE (Chris~YounGBludZ @ Jun 8 2006, 11:46 AM)
Yes.  It sounds like you had a migraine.    Usually, it will start with blurred vision, or almost like bright spotty lights lingering on one or both sides of your eyes.    Second, comes the painful pounding of the headache.  Which can last for many hours.  Finally a feeling of nausea comes over you, and will linger for a while, untill finally it forces you to vomit.  (However, not all people vomit.)    After a while, the headache subsides, but the pain from all the pounding still lingers like a bruise on your head for at least a day or so after.

I used to get migraines when i was a kid.  Thankfully, they stopped by the time I became a teenager.

Didnt it also include extreme photosensitivity, like you couldnt bear even the most dim lights?

Yes!! You're exactly right. It also includes photosensitivity.

-------~~~~--------
user posted image
PM
IZthe411
Posted: Jun 8 2006, 06:50 PM
Quote Post

Time For Change

Thanks Chris and Josh for confirming. I had exactly what you described, except I didn't vomit or didn't have the light sensitivity.

I know my head was ROCKIN

Do you know where they come from and why they occur?

-------~~~~--------
user posted image
Josh
Posted: Jun 9 2006, 12:58 PM
Quote Post

Senior

QUOTE (Thrasher @ Jun 9 2006, 01:37 AM)
Thanks Chris and Josh for confirming. I had exactly what you described, except I didn't vomit or didn't have the light sensitivity.

I know my head was ROCKIN

Do you know where they come from and why they occur?

I gotta ask my sister. But as far as I can remember they couldnt identify the reasons for the migraine attacks.
PMEmail Poster
SexySapphire
Posted: Jun 18 2006, 12:12 PM
Quote Post

Senior

Member No.: 490

I don't know if they are migraines or not....but I sometimes get these headaches where the pressure seems like it's right over my eyeballs. And I can hardly stand light.

I sometimes get them at work, and I have to go home and lay down with no light and no noise. When I wake up, the headache is gone.

Isn't that weird?

I don't know if they are sinus headaches or migraines.

-------~~~~--------
Site Administrator
The Ultimate Jodeci Message Board
http://jodecitalk.proboards37.com

Since 2004, the premiere online place for all Jodeci fans: lively discussion, archived articles, trivia, photos, etc.

Daily Motion:
http://dailymotion.com/ultimatejodeci

Twitter:
http://twitter.com/ladybird4jodeci

Instagram: womanofgrace

Facebook: Ladybird Lb

Your Listen: http://yourlisten.com/user/public/ladybird

user posted image

user posted image

SUPPORT AL B. SURE & HIS NEW CD HONEY I'M HOME! BRINGING ROMANCE & RESPECT BACK TO MUSIC W/ HIS NEW CD HONEY I'M HOME, IN STORES NOW! DEBUTED AT # 2 ON THE iTUNES R&B CHART. AFTER 17 YEARS AWAY, YES, HE DID THAT!

"When an artist delivers an album after more than a decade on hiatus, fans listen closely for the music they fell in love with and cynics listen closely for a deafening flop. In the case of Al B. Sure!, fans win out." (From an Associated Press review of Honey I'm Home)
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
No One Will Do
Posted: Jun 18 2006, 02:51 PM
Quote Post

Kiki-**Certified Party Planner**

Member No.: 32

Wow Iz! glad you are better! but yes, it does sound like you had a migraine. You really should go to the the dr. if it's happened before. Trust me they can get soooooo much worse. I've had them for years. Everybody else pretty much have given the symptoms.

What I will say until you go to the dr. and you maryluvs_brow.gif are going to the dr! is that without medication the slightest headache even if it doesn't hurt, much take something, if you allow it to get out of control maryluvs_bye2.gif it's no going back. You may not have to go on prescribed meds that'll be up to you an ya dr., over the counter Excedrin migraine is really good but even if you don't have anything except a couple xtra strength tylenols that's better than nothing, a true migraine will only get stronger if left unmedicated...lol no joke..It can literally be crippling and last weeks/mons. at a time if allowed to fester. maryluvs_bye2.gif

Take care of yaself big bro...or else. dry.gif

-------~~~~--------
user posted image

"Sincerity"
Mary J. Blige feat. Nas & DMX - Sincerity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmsIliDu4qE
user posted image [/color]

user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
THE_FIRST_LADY
Posted: Jun 18 2006, 03:19 PM
Quote Post

Senior

Member No.: 580

unsure.gif A FIRST_LADY OF MY CLASS, STATUS AND SOPHISTICATION HAS NEVER HAD ONE BEFORE... maryluvs_confused1.gif

-------~~~~--------

PM
Chris
Posted: Jun 18 2006, 03:43 PM
Quote Post

Senior

QUOTE (THE_FIRST_LADY @ Jun 18 2006, 12:06 PM)
unsure.gif A FIRST_LADY OF MY CLASS, STATUS AND SOPHISTICATION HAS NEVER HAD ONE BEFORE...  maryluvs_confused1.gif

maryluvs_rolleyes0.gif Silly tranny. That's because you need a brain to even have a migraine.

-------~~~~--------
user posted image
PM
IZthe411
Posted: Jun 18 2006, 10:02 PM
Quote Post

Time For Change

QUOTE (ladybird30 @ Jun 18 2006, 10:59 AM)
I don't know if they are migraines or not....but I sometimes get these headaches where the pressure seems like it's right over my eyeballs. And I can hardly stand light.

I sometimes get them at work, and I have to go home and lay down with no light and no noise. When I wake up, the headache is gone.

Isn't that weird?

That sounds like a Migrane......

I talked to my doc this week about them, and he said it's like some kind of wierd blood vessel clot that causes them. There's nothing that you do that causes them, they just happen. SOme have them frequently......

-------~~~~--------
user posted image
IZthe411
Posted: Jun 18 2006, 10:05 PM
Quote Post

Time For Change

QUOTE (Good Woman Down @ Jun 18 2006, 01:38 PM)
Wow Iz! glad you are better! but yes, it does sound like you had a migraine. You really should go to the the dr. if it's happened before. Trust me they can get soooooo much worse. I've had them for years. Everybody else pretty much have given the symptoms.

What I will say until you go to the dr. and you maryluvs_brow.gif are going to the dr! is that without medication the slightest headache even if it doesn't hurt, much take something, if you allow it to get out of control maryluvs_bye2.gif it's no going back. You may not have to go on prescribed meds that'll be up to you an ya dr., over the counter Excedrin migraine is really good but even if you don't have anything except a couple xtra strength tylenols that's better than nothing, a true migraine will only get stronger if left unmedicated...lol no joke..It can literally be crippling and last weeks/mons. at a time if allowed to fester. maryluvs_bye2.gif

I talked to my doc, and he gave me some drugs to use if I get another one. Like ladybird, when I get one I usually try to get some sleep, instead of relying on drugs......

But the doc said I'm in good shape! I'm waiting for my bloodwork to come back. I like eating eggs, I wanna see if I did anything to up my cholesterol... maryluvs_hmm.gif

-------~~~~--------
user posted image
SexySapphire
Posted: Jun 18 2006, 10:28 PM
Quote Post

Senior

QUOTE (Thrasher @ Jun 18 2006, 09:49 PM)
I don't know if they are migraines or not....but I sometimes get these headaches where the pressure seems like it's right over my eyeballs.  And I can hardly stand light.

I sometimes get them at work, and I have to go home and lay down with no light and no noise.  When I wake up, the headache is gone.

Isn't that weird?

I talked to my doc this week about them, and he said it's like some kind of wierd blood vessel clot that causes them. There's nothing that you do that causes them, they just happen. SOme have them frequently......

Thanks for the info.

I'm going to talk to my doctor about it when I go back.

I had an episode just last month. My head started hurting at work, and I got really nauseous. I felt so sick I caught a cab home. I fell asleep in the cab, and I guess the cab driver could tell I wasn't feeling well. When he got to my place, he said "Were you sleep all this time?" I told him yes, and he said "good."

Anyways, thanks. And you take care of yourself! I wish you all the best with the migraines.

-------~~~~--------
Site Administrator

Since 2004, the premiere online place for all Jodeci fans: lively discussion, archived articles, trivia, photos, etc.

Daily Motion:

Twitter:

user posted image

user posted image

SUPPORT AL B. SURE & HIS NEW CD HONEY I'M HOME! BRINGING ROMANCE & RESPECT BACK TO MUSIC W/ HIS NEW CD HONEY I'M HOME, IN STORES NOW! DEBUTED AT # 2 ON THE iTUNES R&B CHART. AFTER 17 YEARS AWAY, YES, HE DID THAT!

"When an artist delivers an album after more than a decade on hiatus, fans listen closely for the music they fell in love with and cynics listen closely for a deafening flop. In the case of Al B. Sure!, fans win out." (From an Associated Press review of Honey I'm Home)
SexySapphire
Posted: Jun 18 2006, 11:21 PM
Quote Post

Senior

QUOTE (Thrasher @ Jun 18 2006, 09:49 PM)
I don't know if they are migraines or not....but I sometimes get these headaches where the pressure seems like it's right over my eyeballs.  And I can hardly stand light.

I sometimes get them at work, and I have to go home and lay down with no light and no noise.  When I wake up, the headache is gone.

Isn't that weird?

Oh yea, I wanted to ask:

Even after your headache goes away, do you feel "out of it."

Like I mentioned before, when I get these headaches, I'll lay down for several hours and when I wake up, my head will feel better. But even though my head feels better, I feel "out of it." Almost like my body has been through the ringer or something. I won't have any energy, and I'll just rest for the duration of the day.

-------~~~~--------
Site Administrator

Daily Motion:

Twitter:

user posted image

user posted image

No One Will Do
Posted: Jun 19 2006, 09:55 PM
Quote Post

Kiki-**Certified Party Planner**

Member No.: 32

QUOTE (Thrasher @ Jun 18 2006, 08:52 PM)
QUOTE (Good Woman Down @ Jun 18 2006, 01:38 PM)

What I will say until you go to the dr. and you  maryluvs_brow.gif are going to the dr! is that without medication the slightest headache even if it doesn't hurt, much take something, if you allow it to get out of control maryluvs_bye2.gif it's no going back. You may not have to go on prescribed meds that'll be up to you an ya dr., over the counter Excedrin migraine is really good but even if you don't have anything except a couple xtra strength tylenols that's better than nothing, a true migraine will only get stronger if left unmedicated...lol no joke..It can literally be crippling and last weeks/mons. at a time if allowed to fester. maryluvs_bye2.gif

I talked to my doc, and he gave me some drugs to use if I get another one. Like ladybird, when I get one I usually try to get some sleep, instead of relying on drugs......

But the doc said I'm in good shape! I'm waiting for my bloodwork to come back. I like eating eggs, I wanna see if I did anything to up my cholesterol... maryluvs_hmm.gif

maryluvs_thumbup.gif

-------~~~~--------
user posted image

"Sincerity"
Mary J. Blige feat. Nas & DMX - Sincerity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmsIliDu4qE
user posted image [/color]

user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Pages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Google

Web maryluvs.clicdev.com