> Obama Will Pull an O’Reilly on McCain’s, Big Night
No One Will Do
Posted: Sep 3 2008, 06:55 PM
Quote Post

Kiki-**Certified Party Planner**

Group: Moderator
Member Inventory: View

Member No.: 32

As Sen. John McCain accepts the GOP presidential nomination on Thursday night, his opponent will enter the “No Spin Zone.”

Yes, Sen. Barack Obama is headed for Fox News, in a bid for Republican votes, by appearing for the first time ever on Bill O’Reilly’s prime-time show. While McCain aims his acceptance speech at voters beyond his base, Obama will be talking to the bright red Republicans who watch O’Reilly’s highly rated show. In the last presidential election, a whopping 88 percent of Fox viewers voted Republican, while only 7 percent voted Democratic.

Obama’s appearance also caps an unusually long and rocky exchange with O’Reilly.

A senior aide to Obama said the controversial anchor “shoved” him during a February altercation in New Hampshire, when O’Reilly tried to confront the Illinois senator to demand he appear on the Fox program. “I’ve worked two [presidential] campaigns, and I’ve never had a member of the press lay hands on a staff member before,” said the aide, Marvin Nicholson, who travels with Obama. Then, at a secret June meeting with Rupert Murdoch, the owner of Fox, and Roger Ailes, who runs it, Obama aired his concerns about the network’s biased coverage and agreed to appear on O’Reilly’s show, according to new reports from Vanity Fair and The Washington Post.

Beyond O’Reilly’s show, Fox News has been under siege this election season by several liberal groups supporting Obama. The channel was shut out of Democratic primary debates, after Democratic activists and bloggers scuttled its attempt to host debates with the Congressional Black Caucus. More recently, Fox was rocked by allegations of anti-Obama bias and racial prejudice in campaigns by Color of Change, a netroots group focused on black issues and civil rights — that was the battle featuring the rapper Nas on the Colbert Report — and a viral video campaign by Brave New Films.

Obama’s exclusive appearance, however, shows that he’s willing to tap the Fox News for potential conservative voters — even as his supporters try to marginalize its political role.

http://www.washingtonindependent.com/4112/...cains-big-night

-------~~~~--------
user posted image

"Sincerity"
Mary J. Blige feat. Nas & DMX - Sincerity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmsIliDu4qE
user posted image [/color]

user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
Wee Tony
Posted: Sep 3 2008, 07:34 PM
Quote Post

Punching above his weight

Group: Members

Member No.: 461

What a fuckin idiot!
By engaging in debate with this venomous intellectual pygmy, he lends credence to the shite he spouts.
NO politician should speak to O'Rielly - it just makes O'Rielly look like he knows what he's talking about.

I fuckin LOATH that fascist twat maryluvs_smh.gif

-------~~~~--------
QUOTE (John Lennon)
Free yourselves
PMEmail PosterMSN
Mary Poppins
Posted: Sep 4 2008, 09:47 AM
Quote Post

Confessed Shopaholic

Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Wee Tony @ Sep 3 2008, 06:34 PM)
What a fuckin idiot!
By engaging in debate with this venomous intellectual pygmy, he lends credence to the shite he spouts.
NO politician should speak to O'Rielly - it just makes O'Rielly look like he knows what he's talking about.

I fuckin LOATH that fascist twat maryluvs_smh.gif

I'll tune in but I don't think it's a good idea.

-------~~~~--------
Follow me on Twitter @ShopaholicIAM
PMEmail PosterYahoo
No One Will Do
Posted: Sep 4 2008, 10:00 AM
Quote Post

Kiki-**Certified Party Planner**

Member No.: 32

QUOTE (Noki Ling @ Sep 4 2008, 08:47 AM)
What a fuckin idiot!

I fuckin LOATH that fascist twat  maryluvs_smh.gif

maryluvs_excl.gif

-------~~~~--------
user posted image

"Sincerity"
Mary J. Blige feat. Nas & DMX - Sincerity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmsIliDu4qE
user posted image [/color]

user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
Wee Tony
Posted: Sep 4 2008, 10:08 AM
Quote Post

Punching above his weight

Group: Members

Member No.: 461

QUOTE (Noki Ling @ Sep 4 2008, 02:47 PM)
What a fuckin idiot!

I fuckin LOATH that fascist twat  maryluvs_smh.gif

It's a disaster waiting to happen.

O'Reilly will be hostile from the get-go.

A good journalist will cross examine their politician highlighting weak points in their overall policy giving the politician a chance to respond to the criticism and it is for the audience to decide if this is a good enough response. Not O'Reilly. When it's his show, his poisonous views are all you hear, and his audience follow him like the rats follow the Pied Piper.

He will talk over Obama and use it as an opportunity to show his Republican credentials.

The best Obama can hope for is withstanding the barrage from O'Reilly. I know some people will say that is good enough, but I don't think so.
Obama will be thinking that he will respond to irrational questions with rational answers. This simply isn't possible - you can't be rational with an irrational person, which is what O'Reilly is.

The interview will be a mess, and what do you think the media will do when this mess airs? They won't be criticising O'Reilly for being a disgrace to his profession anyway. Just like the Pastor crap, Obama will inexplicably carry the can.

This is a huge own goal for the Obama camp. maryluvs_smh.gif They should've picked a more credible conservative show (if there is such a thing).

-------~~~~--------
QUOTE (John Lennon)
Free yourselves
PMEmail PosterMSN
Gemini
Posted: Sep 4 2008, 12:46 PM
Quote Post

The night is on my mind...

Group: Admin

Member No.: 2

maryluvs_smh.gif This is suicide