Skin Invision By L!th!uM

Pages: (5) « First ... 3 4 [5]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> What'cha Reading In 2008?
Mary Poppins
Posted: Oct 20 2008, 02:02 PM
Quote Post

Confessed Shopaholic

Group: Moderator
Member Inventory: View

Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Jefferson St. Joe @ Oct 20 2008, 08:12 AM)
user posted image

This is the last JP book I read. This was good but not as good as 1st to Die.

-------~~~~--------
Follow me on Twitter @ShopaholicIAM
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Jefferson St. Joe
Posted: Oct 20 2008, 03:21 PM
Quote Post

Are U Ready to Rock with the Queen of Hip Hop?

Group: Members

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Jacqueline Monique Smith @ Oct 20 2008, 02:02 PM)
This is the last JP book I read. This was good but not as good as 1st to Die.

I agree, it wasn't as good as the first one. I swore her father (Marty Boxer) was Chirmera. maryluvs_laughing.gif

Did you get a chance to pick up "Quickie" yet?
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Mary Poppins
Posted: Oct 23 2008, 06:22 PM
Quote Post

Confessed Shopaholic

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 14

I plan to start this tonight:

user posted image

“Since that horrendous day of September 11th 2001, the people of the world have been told the Big Lie. The official story of what happened on 9/11 is a fantasy of untruth, manipulation, contradiction and anomaly. David Icke has spent well over a decade uncovering the force that was really behind those attacks and has traveled to 40 countries in pursuit of the truth. He has exposed their personnel, methods and agenda in a series of books and videos.

“Therefore, when the attacks came, it was easy to recognize the Hidden Hand behind the cover story of 'Bin Laden did it.' Icke takes apart the official version of 9/11 and the 'war on terrorism' and shows that those responsible are much closer to home than a cave in Afghanistan. He explains why 9/11 was planned and to what end. It is vital to maintaining our freedom, and to the memory of those who died and the loved ones left behind, that the light shines on the lies and deceit behind September 11th.

“Icke also places these events in their true context as part of an agenda by hidden forces working behind the puppet politicians to create a global fascist state based on total control and surveillance. But it doesn't have to be like this; it does not have to happen. We can change the world from a prison to a paradise and, as Icke explains, the power to do that is within you and within us all.”

-------~~~~--------
Follow me on Twitter @ShopaholicIAM
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Jefferson St. Joe
  Posted: Nov 3 2008, 12:39 PM
Quote Post

user posted image

The novel tells the story of Dana, an African American woman living in 1976 who is repeatedly thrown back in time to the antebellum South. She is unconsciously summoned (through means that are never explained) by her ancestor, Rufus, from the time he is a child through to adulthood. Rufus is white and from a slave-owning family. She also meets Alice, another ancestor, who is forced to become Rufus’s mistress. Dana is placed in the difficult position of making certain that Rufus and Alice have a child, Hagar, who is Dana’s direct ancestor (thus ensuring Dana’s own survival). Dana is also forced to cope with an environment which forces her into slavery every time she enters it.

Each time she travels back in time, she stays longer (Although time in antebellum south is “shorter” than real time. She only goes back in time when Rufus would have killed himself otherwise. Dana only returns to the present when she is extremely scared.

Go here to read the first few pages of the books and I guarantee you will be drawn into the story.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0807083690..._pt#reader-link

PMEmail PosterYahoo
Josh
Posted: Nov 7 2008, 11:11 AM
Quote Post

Senior

Member No.: 46

Since I've been in the hospital, I've read these:

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Currently I'm on this one:

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Jefferson St. Joe
Posted: Nov 12 2008, 10:27 AM
Quote Post

user posted image

After a brutal hit in Tampa on high-profile rapper Big Bad Wolf, contract killer Gideon, the star of this fast-paced thriller from bestseller Dickey, jets to London for his next assignment. On the plane, paranoia brewing just beneath his poker face keeps him wary of two mysterious passengers who could be either harmless squares or hired guns out to avenge Big Bad Wolf's murder. This constant uncertainty over who's in the game and who isn't keeps Gideon—and readers—on edge as Gideon navigates London's underworld and pursues a personal vendetta. Dickey occasionally shifts away from Gideon's point of view to that of another hit man who has just received his next contract: Gideon. The plot is taut, fast and bold—total blockbuster entertainment, replete with an abundance of sex, violence and James Bond touches. A tense cliffhanger caps a wild ride.

This was a cool lil' nigger novel. It's the first book in a 3 part series. The only thing that sucks is, the book ends as soon as shit was about to jump off. dry.gif I'll eventually read the other two.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Jefferson St. Joe
Posted: Feb 18 2009, 10:26 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (change @ Jun 20 2008, 03:30 PM)
user posted image

So beautiful wub.gif  wub.gif

I finally got a chance to read this. I didn't think he would be able to top the "Kite Runner" but this turned out to be much better.

Poor Mariam, she just couldn't win. maryluvs_bye2.gif

I can't wait for his third novel.
PMEmail PosterYahoo

Topic Options Pages: (5) « First ... 3 4 [5]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Google

Web maryluvs.clicdev.com
Skin By L!th!uM sur PlanetGrafiK
Web Statistics