Code Orange
Posted: Aug 27 2008, 10:56 PM
Quote Post

**Always here, just quiet**

Group: Members
Member Inventory: View

Member No.: 107

B. Clinton maryluvs_thumbup.gif

Kerry (I know I am minority here, but I thought his speech rocked too. maryluvs_thumbup.gif )

Biden (he is smokin right now! He is going to be a great VP! maryluvs_cheer.gifmaryluvs_thumbup.gif)
PM
No One Will Do
Posted: Aug 28 2008, 12:26 AM
Quote Post

Kiki-**Certified Party Planner**

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 32

Bill, I knew he could dig deep, he had it in him outstanding, personal speech in support of Barack and Joe!!! maryluvs_clapping.gif maryluvs_thumbup.gif

I loved everything that I saw today the official nomination of Barack and Joe!!!! maryluvs_clapping.gif I def. cried during and after Barack's nomination and Hillary did a fabulous job on that! maryluvs_thumbup.gif

Con. Patrick Murphy!! I really like him have for the past year. He did really well.

John Kerry gave a fabulous speech!!!! I was very proud and I was so proud of the inclusion of military personel. wub.gif maryluvs_clapping.gif maryluvs_thumbup.gif I only wish Barrack had thought to thank JK as he did all the other *key* speakers tonight; I'm sure the excitement of the moment Barack forgot him but I hope someone reminds him to thank him tomorrow. maryluvs_hmm.gif Think I'll email the campaign, anyway great all the way around!

unsure.gif I didn't see Richardson.

I loooved Beau and Joe Biden Fabulous speeches by both! Beautiful family and it definitely was a treat to see Barack today. I can barely hold my excitement until tomorrow as they recreate the Roman column site of where the dream /democracy began!!! Cool beans!! maryluvs_twist_shout.gif

-------~~~~--------
user posted image

"Sincerity"
Mary J. Blige feat. Nas & DMX - Sincerity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmsIliDu4qE
user posted image [/color]

user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
Code Orange
Posted: Aug 28 2008, 01:11 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Come Away With Me @ Aug 27 2008, 11:26 PM)
Bill, I knew he could dig deep, he had it in him outstanding, personal speech in support of Barack and Joe!!! maryluvs_clapping.gif  maryluvs_thumbup.gif

I loved everything that I saw today the official nomination of Barack and Joe!!!! maryluvs_clapping.gif I def. cried during and after Barack's nomination  and Hillary did a fabulous job on that! maryluvs_thumbup.gif

Con. Patrick Murphy!! I really like him have for the past year. He did really well.

John Kerry gave a fabulous speech!!!! I was very proud and I was so proud of the inclusion of military personel. wub.gif  maryluvs_clapping.gif  maryluvs_thumbup.gif I only wish Barrack had thought to thank JK as he did all the other *key* speakers tonight; I'm sure the excitement of the moment Barack forgot him but I hope someone reminds him to thank him tomorrow.  maryluvs_hmm.gif Think I'll email the campaign, anyway great all the way around!

unsure.gif I didn't see Richardson.

I loooved Beau and Joe Biden Fabulous speeches by both! Beautiful family and it definitely was a treat to see Barack today. I can barely hold my excitement until tomorrow as they recreate the Roman site of where democracy began!!! Cool beans!! maryluvs_twist_shout.gif

You're right, Richardson didn't speak tonight. Had to go eat pasta so assumed he spoke and did well, but Classic Bill Clinton took over. maryluvs_giggle.gif

I forgot to mention Patrick Murphy. He was awesome too. maryluvs_cheer.gif

My eyes got watery too when Hillary and NY clinched the nomination for Barack. It makes me sad that my grandparents and relatives that passed on aren't here to see this, but they are enjoying history being made above. maryluvs_smile.gif

I know we have agreed and disagreed about Senator Kerry and what happened before, but I agree with you. Tonight he gave an excellent speech. MSNBC did a split screen showing Hillary and Chelsea, and Michelle and Teresa sitting together. That was unity right there. It wasn't shown on TV (unless you saw it on C-SPAN or PBS, but there was a part in Kerry's speech where he acknowledged Obama's uncle, a humble looking white man sitting next to Michelle. It was touching moment.

I wished he had thanked JK too, and he got caught in the moment, but NBC showed him hugging Kerry and shaking his hand. I am sure Obama knows what a hard core supporter/surrogate he has been. maryluvs_smile.gif

And last but not least I loved Beau (I think he is going to Iraq soon) and the embrace he had with dad Joe. That was very emotional, with his family and Mama Biden (I like that name) and Obama showing up in the end was icing on the cake.

I can't wait until tomorrow night. J-Hud, John Legend, Stevie Wonder (I think Sheryl Crow), Will.i.am redoing "Yes We Can," Shawn Johnson leading the pledge, and Ali there, it's going to be a night to remember.
PM
No One Will Do
Posted: Aug 28 2008, 02:32 AM
Quote Post

I totally understand you thinking about past loved ones as this day approaches. maryluvs_smile.gif It also makes me think of Maya Angelou's poem I Rise for so many years I've cried and reminisced about slaves who neva lived as we do now so I cried about their sacrifice as well today. I know tomorrow I'll be a total mess! maryluvs_laughing.gif I would have loved for my grandmother to see this she was such a progressive woman she would have been thrilled and so very proud! There were a lot of lil ol black ladies and a few men on that floor crying today.Rep. Lewis was just spent from his daily crying this week. maryluvs_laughing.gif

Yeah I been back and forth with Sen. Kerry over the years I loved the Sen. Kerry that came back from Vietnam and scared the crap out of the Nixon white house but in the end and overall I've always liked and respected him. I even became ashamed of deleting him off my email list a while back maryluvs_ph34r.gif but I'm happy I was able to add him back after he created a web-site to fight smears on Barack he has over the past year and half become such a articulate fighter and he minds me so of himself.. maryluvs_laughing.gif

I wrote the Obama team and told them that Barack didn't thank Sen. Kerry. maryluvs_giggle.gif

I did see all the family made me feel all warm and cozy and it was such a thrill to see Barack's Uncle Charlie. Michelle had to help him stand a lil she just was a weeping willow. wub.gif I read Uncle Charlie's story awhile back he was so humble and nonchalent about his role in WWII, beautiful moment tonight. I also loved seeing Joe's mother (Mama Biden) she is 90 years old her essence seems really beautiful. maryluvs_smile.gif

Wow! John Legend again this week he was really good Monday as well as Earth Wind & Fire!!! maryluvs_twist_shout.gif Will.i.am , Stevie Wonder tomorrow!!! I wonder did I miss Wycleff caus I kno he was suppose to perform.

It's been a great week so far beyond my wildest expectations can't wait until tomorrow and I guess next week for the RNC. maryluvs_happy.gif

-------~~~~--------
user posted image

"Sincerity"

PMEmail Poster
Mary Poppins
Posted: Aug 28 2008, 09:51 AM
Quote Post

Confessed Shopaholic

Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Code Orange @ Aug 27 2008, 09:56 PM)
Kerry (I know I am minority here, but I thought his speech rocked too. maryluvs_thumbup.gif )

I totally missed his speech. I need to find a Youtube clip, along with the happenings at the Roll Call.

-------~~~~--------
Follow me on Twitter @ShopaholicIAM
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Mary Poppins
Posted: Aug 28 2008, 10:16 AM
Quote Post

Confessed Shopaholic

QUOTE (Code Orange @ Aug 28 2008, 12:11 AM)
And last but not least I loved Beau (I think he is going to Iraq soon) and the embrace he had with dad Joe. That was very emotional, with his family and Mama Biden (I like that name) and Obama showing up in the end was icing on the cake.

I was wondering what he meant when he said he wouldn't be here this Fall for his Dad. maryluvs_sad.gif

-------~~~~--------
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Code Orange
Posted: Aug 28 2008, 02:07 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Come Away With Me @ Aug 28 2008, 01:32 AM)
I totally understand you thinking about past loved ones as this day approaches. maryluvs_smile.gif It also makes me think of Maya Angelou's poem I Rise for so many years I've cried and reminisced about slaves who neva lived as we do now so I cried about their sacrifice as well today. I know tomorrow I'll be a total mess!  maryluvs_laughing.gif I would have loved for my grandmother to see this she was such a progressive woman she would have been thrilled and so very proud! There were a lot of lil ol black ladies and a few men on that floor crying today.Rep. Lewis was just spent from his daily crying this week. maryluvs_laughing.gif

Yeah I been back and forth with Sen. Kerry over the years I loved the Sen. Kerry that came back from Vietnam and scared the crap out of the Nixon white house but in the end and overall I've always liked and respected him. I even became ashamed of deleting him off my email list a while back  maryluvs_ph34r.gif but I'm happy I was able to add him back after he created a web-site to fight smears on Barack he has over the past year and half become such a articulate fighter and he minds me so of himself.. maryluvs_laughing.gif

I wrote the Obama team and told them that Barack didn't thank Sen. Kerry. maryluvs_giggle.gif

I did see all the family made me feel all warm and cozy and it was such a thrill to see Barack's Uncle Charlie. Michelle had to help him stand a lil she just was a weeping willow. wub.gif I read Uncle Charlie's story awhile back he was so humble and nonchalent about his role in WWII, beautiful moment tonight. I also loved seeing Joe's mother (Mama Biden) she is 90 years old her essence seems really beautiful. maryluvs_smile.gif

Wow! John Legend again this week he was really good Monday as well as Earth Wind & Fire!!! maryluvs_twist_shout.gif Will.i.am , Stevie Wonder tomorrow!!! I wonder did I miss Wycleff caus I kno he was suppose to perform.

It's been a great week so far beyond my wildest expectations can't wait until tomorrow and I guess next week for the RNC.  maryluvs_happy.gif

maryluvs_excl.gif Thanks. And excellent post Kiki. wub.gif maryluvs_kissbye.gif

And thanks for helping Obama too!

Me is waiting for Al Gore and Obama to speak also. maryluvs_cheer.gif

Check out the ad Gore made for Kerry. It's cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uSJSWuNSo0
PM
Code Orange
Posted: Aug 28 2008, 02:15 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Noki Ling @ Aug 28 2008, 08:51 AM)
Kerry (I know I am minority here, but I thought his speech rocked too. maryluvs_thumbup.gif  )

I totally missed his speech. I need to find a Youtube clip, along with the happenings at the Roll Call.

Here you go Juicy:

Kerry's speech: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO2PAm4iCtE

Historical Roll Call featuring H. Clinton: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWCQYfyO6p4

maryluvs_smile.gif
PM
Code Orange
Posted: Aug 28 2008, 02:21 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Noki Ling @ Aug 28 2008, 09:16 AM)
I was wondering what he meant when he said he wouldn't be here this Fall for his Dad. maryluvs_sad.gif

Yep. That was a emotional moment. His speech was nice also.
PM
Mary Poppins
Posted: Aug 28 2008, 03:41 PM
Quote Post

Confessed Shopaholic

QUOTE (Code Orange @ Aug 28 2008, 01:15 PM)
QUOTE (Noki Ling @ Aug 28 2008, 08:51 AM)
Kerry (I know I am minority here, but I thought his speech rocked too. maryluvs_thumbup.gif  )

Here you go Juicy:

Kerry's speech: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO2PAm4iCtE

Historical Roll Call featuring H. Clinton: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWCQYfyO6p4

maryluvs_smile.gif

Thanks. I saw the NY portion of the Roll Call earlier. It was a wonderful sight to see those older black people rejoicing. maryluvs_clapping.gif

-------~~~~--------
PMEmail PosterYahoo
KB
Posted: Aug 28 2008, 05:36 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 339

Thanks

-------~~~~--------
user posted image
PM
No One Will Do
Posted: Aug 28 2008, 06:30 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Code Orange @ Aug 28 2008, 01:07 PM)
QUOTE (Come Away With Me @ Aug 28 2008, 01:32 AM)
I totally understand you thinking about past loved ones as this day approaches. maryluvs_smile.gif It also makes me think of Maya Angelou's poem I Rise for so many years I've cried and reminisced about slaves who neva lived as we do now so I cried about their sacrifice as well today. I know tomorrow I'll be a total mess!  maryluvs_laughing.gif I would have loved for my grandmother to see this she was such a progressive woman she would have been thrilled and so very proud! There were a lot of lil ol black ladies and a few men on that floor crying today.Rep. Lewis was just spent from his daily crying this week. maryluvs_laughing.gif

Yeah I been back and forth with Sen. Kerry over the years I loved the Sen. Kerry that came back from Vietnam and scared the crap out of the Nixon white house but in the end and overall I've always liked and respected him. I even became ashamed of deleting him off my email list a while back  maryluvs_ph34r.gif but I'm happy I was able to add him back after he created a web-site to fight smears on Barack he has over the past year and half become such a articulate fighter and he minds me so of himself.. maryluvs_laughing.gif

It's been a great week so far beyond my wildest expectations can't wait until tomorrow and I guess next week for the RNC.  maryluvs_happy.gif

maryluvs_excl.gif Thanks. And excellent post Kiki. wub.gif maryluvs_kissbye.gif

And thanks for helping Obama too!

Me is waiting for Al Gore and Obama to speak also. maryluvs_cheer.gif

Check out the ad Gore made for Kerry. It's cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uSJSWuNSo0

Thanks and thank you too!!! wub.gif maryluvs_kissbye.gif

Fabulous Gore/Kerry video can't wait to see Obama and Gore tonite! maryluvs_thumbup.gif

Don't forget everyone to GET OUT THE VOTE this weekend and register people, encourage everyone to register to vote for Weekend for Change.

Most states the last day to register to vote is October 6th!!!!

-------~~~~--------
user posted image

"Sincerity"

PMEmail Poster

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Google

Web maryluvs.clicdev.com
Skin By L!th!uM sur PlanetGrafiK