Skin Invision By L!th!uM

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> This Book Is Deep..
electric boy
Posted: Jun 24 2009, 11:24 AM
Quote Post

Senior

Group: Members
Member Inventory: View

Member No.: 612

QUOTE (Why do fools fall in love? @ Jun 23 2009, 08:25 PM)
Shit how was sposed to know? You made this thread even before I had the book. maryluvs_huhh.gif

maryluvs_dead2.gif

-------~~~~--------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMSN
MANNY G. BLIGE
Posted: Jun 24 2009, 11:26 AM
Quote Post

Kiss It Better

Member No.: 89

QUOTE (Why do fools fall in love? @ Jun 23 2009, 08:25 PM)
Shit how was sposed to know? You made this thread even before I had the book. maryluvs_huhh.gif

SO YOU READ THE BOOK IN 5 DAYS? unsure.gif

-------~~~~--------
"I was never expected to do more, jump further, go the extra mile.
But breaking boundaries happened for me the minute I left Yonkers...
And I won't stop as long as I live"
-MJB The London Sessions

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Luchiano
Posted: Jun 24 2009, 11:49 AM
Quote Post

The end of an era

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 70

QUOTE (MANNY G. BLIGE @ Jun 24 2009, 11:16 AM)
SO YOU READ THE BOOK IN 5 DAYS? unsure.gif

The book is only 140 pages. I've read 300 and 400 page books in a day or two. Come on.

-------~~~~--------
The end of an era...
PMEmail Poster
MANNY G. BLIGE
Posted: Jun 24 2009, 01:06 PM
Quote Post

Kiss It Better

Member No.: 89

QUOTE (Why do fools fall in love? @ Jun 24 2009, 10:39 AM)
The book is only 140 pages. I've read 300 and 400 page books in a day or two. Come on.

WELL NOT EVERYONE HAS THAT MUCH TIME ON THEIR HANDS LIKE YOU.. unsure.gif

-------~~~~--------
"I was never expected to do more, jump further, go the extra mile.
But breaking boundaries happened for me the minute I left Yonkers...
And I won't stop as long as I live"
-MJB The London Sessions

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Michelle Williams
Posted: Jun 24 2009, 11:22 PM
Quote Post

Senior

Member No.: 2576

QUOTE (Jefferson St. Joe @ Jun 24 2009, 08:20 AM)
QUOTE (Desire @ Jun 23 2009, 10:33 PM)
I've read this book by Toni Morrison and really enjoyed it:

user posted image

I wanna start reading some of her other novels soon, but don't know where to start. maryluvs_hmm.gif

Now if you want to read a really disturbing and excellent book then read this:

user posted image

I think this is my favourite book, it is so well written and the author is really twisted to have come up with a book like this. It is an amazing book and it is being adapted into a movie soon. maryluvs_perfect10.gif  maryluvs_perfect10.gif  maryluvs_perfect10.gif

MY BF told me about WNTTAK. The synopsis sounded good but I had to give it up after about 80 pages. I didn't like the fact that it's written in the form of a bunch of letters. It felt like I was reading a book about her emotions.

That book is more for parents.

It all makes sense in the end. I really didn't discover the twist till the end, which is heartbreaking. I don't have children but I still love this book. maryluvs_perfect10.gif maryluvs_perfect10.gif maryluvs_perfect10.gif

-------~~~~--------
user posted image
PM
Luchiano
Posted: Jun 25 2009, 10:13 AM
Quote Post

The end of an era

Member No.: 70

QUOTE (MANNY G. BLIGE @ Jun 24 2009, 12:56 PM)
WELL NOT EVERYONE HAS THAT MUCH TIME ON THEIR HANDS LIKE YOU.. unsure.gif

I first started reading it on the treadmill at the gym. Then i'd get a page here and there while I was at work or on lunch. You could be reading it right now while you in here tryna defend the fact that it takes a month to finish a book that about as long as Sister2Sister. maryluvs_giggle.gif

-------~~~~--------
The end of an era...
PMEmail Poster
Jefferson St. Joe
Posted: Jun 25 2009, 01:15 PM
Quote Post

Are U Ready to Rock with the Queen of Hip Hop?

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Desire @ Jun 24 2009, 11:12 PM)

user posted image

I wanna start reading some of her other novels soon, but don't know where to start. maryluvs_hmm.gif

user posted image

I think this is my favourite book, it is so well written and the author is really twisted to have come up with a book like this. It is an amazing book and it is being adapted into a movie soon. maryluvs_perfect10.gif  maryluvs_perfect10.gif  maryluvs_perfect10.gif

MY BF told me about WNTTAK. The synopsis sounded good but I had to give it up after about 80 pages. I didn't like the fact that it's written in the form of a bunch of letters. It felt like I was reading a book about her emotions.

It all makes sense in the end. I really didn't discover the twist till the end, which is heartbreaking. I don't have children but I still love this book. maryluvs_perfect10.gif maryluvs_perfect10.gif maryluvs_perfect10.gif

maryluvs_hmm.gif a twist? I think I'm gonna pull this off the shelf and try and finish it.

Thanks
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Mary Poppins
Posted: Jun 27 2009, 04:55 PM
Quote Post

Confessed Shopaholic

Member No.: 14

QUOTE (MANNY G. BLIGE @ Jun 17 2009, 03:49 PM)
QUOTE (Madame X @ Jun 17 2009, 03:42 PM)
That book is collecting dust on my living room's table.

I'm itchin' to read it, but I'll wait after I watch the movie,,,,because I don't want to waste my time trying to see what they "left out" instead of just watching the movie.

THE FIRST CHAPTER ALONE IS LIKE.. maryluvs_furley.gif maryluvs_furley.gif

SOME OF THE SHIT THAT CAME OUTTA HER MOMMA'S MOUTH HAD ME CRACKING UP! maryluvs_dead2.gif

I wish I saw this thread yesterday. I went to Borders last night and was looking at the book and debating if I should get it.

-------~~~~--------
Follow me on Twitter @ShopaholicIAM
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Michelle Williams
Posted: Jun 27 2009, 06:44 PM
Quote Post

Senior

QUOTE (Jefferson St. Joe @ Jun 25 2009, 12:05 PM)

user posted image

user posted image

maryluvs_hmm.gif a twist? I think I'm gonna pull this off the shelf and try and finish it.

Thanks

The twist is a shocker, absolute shocker. maryluvs_smh.gif maryluvs_smh.gif maryluvs_smh.gif

-------~~~~--------
user posted image
PM
Jefferson St. Joe
Posted: Jul 9 2009, 01:37 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Desire @ Jun 27 2009, 06:34 PM)
QUOTE (Jefferson St. Joe @ Jun 25 2009, 12:05 PM)

user posted image

user posted image

Thanks

The twist is a shocker, absolute shocker. maryluvs_smh.gif maryluvs_smh.gif maryluvs_smh.gif

I finially finished this book and....... ohmy.gif

This book should have been called "We Need To Talk about Lucifer" My gawd that boy was just pure evil.

The story didn't start to get interesting until after page 90 or so when she starts to talk about the birth of Kevin. By the time she said she was pregnant again I was like "aww damn that lil' shit is going to kill his baby sister" maryluvs_smh.gif Initially I though he was going to do something to make her loose the baby.

I felt so bad for her the minute she was born. I thought she had been through it all after the Drano incident and he would leave her alone but I guess not..... maryluvs_bye2.gif and even through all that she stayed faithfull and adored her big brother. I really didn't care about the Dad maryluvs_ph34r.gif he was so niave and blind to Kevin that it made me sick to my stomach.

Halfway thru the book I started to get the sense that Franklyn and Celia wasn't around anymore. I was thinking that maybe something happened where he ran off with Celia to keep her safe from Kevin. I was praying that they weren't....... maryluvs_crying.gif

The one good thing about the story is, at least at the end he did give her a sense that he was somewhat human and did actually love and care about his mother. But by then it was already too late. I wished him dead.

And your right, you don't have to have kids to enjoys this (once you get past the first 90 pages).

She did a really good job developing the characters. SICK, but Excellent book. maryluvs_thumbup.gif
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Michelle Williams
Posted: Jul 12 2009, 10:24 PM
Quote Post

Senior

QUOTE (Jefferson St. Joe @ Jul 9 2009, 12:27 PM)

This book should have been called "We Need To Talk about Lucifer"  My gawd that boy was just pure evil.

The story didn't start to get interesting until after page 90 or so when she starts to talk about the birth of Kevin.  By the time she said she was pregnant again I was like "aww damn that lil' shit is going to kill his baby sister" maryluvs_smh.gif  Initially I though he was going to do something to make her loose the baby.

I felt so bad for her the minute she was born.  I thought she had been through it all after the Drano incident and he would leave her alone but I guess not..... maryluvs_bye2.gif  and even through all that she stayed faithfull and adored her big brother.  I really didn't care about the Dad  maryluvs_ph34r.gif he was so niave and blind to Kevin that it made me sick to my stomach.

Halfway thru the book I started to get the sense that Franklyn and Celia wasn't around anymore.  I was thinking that maybe something happened where he ran off with Celia to keep her safe from Kevin.  I was praying that they weren't.......  maryluvs_crying.gif

The one good thing about the story is, at least at the end he did give her a sense that he was somewhat human and did actually love and care about his mother.  But by then it was already too late.  I wished him dead.

And your right, you don't have to have kids to enjoys this (once you get past the first 90 pages).

She did a really good job developing the characters.  SICK, but Excellent book.  maryluvs_thumbup.gif

Glad you enjoyed the book, this book touched me like only a few other books have in my life. You know a book is really good if its still on your mind years later. It really was thought provoking. maryluvs_smh.gif maryluvs_smh.gif maryluvs_smh.gif maryluvs_smh.gif

Another excellent book I've read recently is "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hosseini. The story is really sad and shocking at times but has a postive ending. I really enjoyed how it was written and the characters are beautifully developed. I really would recommend this book and its starts off quickly too. maryluvs_perfect10.gif maryluvs_perfect10.gif maryluvs_perfect10.gif

user posted image

-------~~~~--------
user posted image
PM
kidcorey
Posted: Jul 14 2009, 06:19 PM
Quote Post

Sophomore

Member No.: 2478

I read Push about ten years ago. It's like Roots for me. I am glad that I read it, but i never have to read or see it again.

-------~~~~--------
"I'M NOT AWARE OF TOO MANY THINGS...
I KNOW WHAT I KNOW -
IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN."
PMEmail Poster
Jefferson St. Joe
Posted: Jul 16 2009, 09:40 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Desire @ Jul 12 2009, 10:14 PM)

This book should have been called "We Need To Talk about Lucifer"  My gawd that boy was just pure evil.

The story didn't start to get interesting until after page 90 or so when she starts to talk about the birth of Kevin.  By the time she said she was pregnant again I was like "aww damn that lil' shit is going to kill his baby sister" maryluvs_smh.gif  Initially I though he was going to do something to make her loose the baby.

I felt so bad for her the minute she was born.   I thought she had been through it all after the Drano incident and he would leave her alone but I guess not..... maryluvs_bye2.gif  and even through all that she stayed faithfull and adored her big brother.  I really didn't care about the Dad  maryluvs_ph34r.gif he was so niave and blind to Kevin that it made me sick to my stomach.

Halfway thru the book I started to get the sense that Franklyn and Celia wasn't around anymore.  I was thinking that maybe something happened where he ran off with Celia to keep her safe from Kevin.  I was praying that they weren't.......  maryluvs_crying.gif

The one good thing about the story is, at least at the end he did give her a sense that he was somewhat human and did actually love and care about his mother.  But by then it was already too late.  I wished him dead.

She did a really good job developing the characters.  SICK, but Excellent book.  maryluvs_thumbup.gif

Glad you enjoyed the book, this book touched me like only a few other books have in my life. You know a book is really good if its still on your mind years later. It really was thought provoking. maryluvs_smh.gif maryluvs_smh.gif maryluvs_smh.gif maryluvs_smh.gif

Another excellent book I've read recently is "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hosseini. The story is really sad and shocking at times but has a postive ending. I really enjoyed how it was written and the characters are beautifully developed. I really would recommend this book and its starts off quickly too. maryluvs_perfect10.gif maryluvs_perfect10.gif maryluvs_perfect10.gif

user posted image

This was one of my favorite books I read last year. maryluvs_thumbup.gif I also loved The Kite Runner.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Michelle Williams
Posted: Dec 27 2009, 04:42 AM
Quote Post

Senior

QUOTE (Jefferson St. Joe @ Jul 16 2009, 08:30 AM)
QUOTE (Desire @ Jul 12 2009, 10:14 PM)

I felt so bad for her the minute she was born.   I thought she had been through it all after the Drano incident and he would leave her alone but I guess not..... maryluvs_bye2.gif  and even through all that she stayed faithfull and adored her big brother.  I really didn't care about the Dad  maryluvs_ph34r.gif he was so niave and blind to Kevin that it made me sick to my stomach.

user posted image

This was one of my favorite books I read last year. maryluvs_thumbup.gif I also loved The Kite Runner.

I just finished reading the Kite Runner a few weeks ago and it was brill. What a sad and beautifully written story. wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

I still prefer A Thousand Splendid Suns though. maryluvs_perfect10.gif

-------~~~~--------
user posted image
PM

Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Google

Web maryluvs.clicdev.com
Skin By L!th!uM sur PlanetGrafiK
Web Statistics