> Kennedy plans to address DNC
No One Will Do
Posted: Aug 24 2008, 11:38 PM
Quote Post

Kiki-**Certified Party Planner**

Group: Moderator
Member Inventory: View

Member No.: 32

In a development that is sure to bring the house down, US Senator Edward M. Kennedy is expected to attend the Democratic National Convention, most likely to deliver a speech tomorrow night.

Kennedy is battling brain cancer, and his doctors are said to be worried that his treatment has compromised his immune system and that attending the convention could put him at further risk. Still, the senator has recently told people that he has a speech written for the convention and that he badly wants to come, pending a final medical consultation.

Buzz has built among Massachusetts politicos that Kennedy would come, and today a source close to the family confirmed that he had made a decision to come.

``He is definitely planning to be here,'' said the Kennedy family confidant. ``The whole Kennedy family will be in a special section. It should be quite moment.''

Kennedy's family is also convening in Denver, including sister Jean Kennedy Smith, sister-in-law Ethel, nephews Joe and Stephen Smith, and nieces Kathleen Kennedy and Caroline Kennedy, who will also address the convention.

A Kennedy speech is usually a convention highlight, and Kennedy revels in an address that elicits a regular response from the crowd.

This year's speech should be especially poignant, as it is likely the last time Kennedy will address the Democrats national convention.

The senator was very active in the primary campaign, endorsing Barack Obama and hitting the campaign trail for him.

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politi..._to_addr_1.html

-------~~~~--------
user posted image

"Sincerity"
Mary J. Blige feat. Nas & DMX - Sincerity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmsIliDu4qE
user posted image [/color]

user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
Code Orange
Posted: Aug 25 2008, 12:02 AM
Quote Post

**Always here, just quiet**

Group: Members

Member No.: 107

QUOTE (Come Away With Me @ Aug 24 2008, 10:38 PM)
In a development that is sure to bring the house down, US Senator Edward M. Kennedy is expected to attend the Democratic National Convention, most likely to deliver a speech tomorrow night.

Kennedy is battling brain cancer, and his doctors are said to be worried that his treatment has compromised his immune system and that attending the convention could put him at further risk. Still, the senator has recently told people that he has a speech written for the convention and that he badly wants to come, pending a final medical consultation.

Buzz has built among Massachusetts politicos that Kennedy would come, and today a source close to the family confirmed that he had made a decision to come.

``He is definitely planning to be here,'' said the Kennedy family confidant. ``The whole Kennedy family will be in a special section. It should be quite moment.''

Kennedy's family is also convening in Denver, including sister Jean Kennedy Smith, sister-in-law Ethel, nephews Joe and Stephen Smith, and nieces Kathleen Kennedy and Caroline Kennedy, who will also address the convention.

A Kennedy speech is usually a convention highlight, and Kennedy revels in an address that elicits a regular response from the crowd.

This year's speech should be especially poignant, as it is likely the last time Kennedy will address the Democrats national convention.

The senator was very active in the primary campaign, endorsing Barack Obama and hitting the campaign trail for him.

Uncle Ted is one of my favorite Dems out there. I hope he will be around to see Obama inaugurated. maryluvs_sad.gif

This week is going to be cool! maryluvs_cheer.gif maryluvs_thumbup.gif
PM
No One Will Do
Posted: Aug 25 2008, 12:05 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Code Orange @ Aug 24 2008, 11:02 PM)

Uncle Ted is one of my favorite Dems out there. This week is going to rock! maryluvs_cheer.gif maryluvs_thumbup.gif

maryluvs_excl.gif maryluvs_cheer.gif maryluvs_clapping.gif

He obvisouly feels a lil concerned about the unity of the party. I really think it will help!

I saw wub.gif Michelle and the girls get off the plane in Denver!!! They all are gorgeous! maryluvs_twist_shout.gif

-------~~~~--------
user posted image

"Sincerity"

PMEmail Poster
Code Orange
Posted: Aug 25 2008, 05:55 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Come Away With Me @ Aug 24 2008, 11:05 PM)
QUOTE (Code Orange @ Aug 24 2008, 11:02 PM)

Uncle Ted is one of my favorite Dems out there. This week is going to rock! maryluvs_cheer.gif maryluvs_thumbup.gif

maryluvs_excl.gif maryluvs_cheer.gif maryluvs_clapping.gif

He obvisouly feels a lil concerned about the unity of the party. I really think it will help!

I saw wub.gif Michelle and the girls get off the plane in Denver!!! They all are gorgeous! maryluvs_twist_shout.gif

maryluvs_excl.gif I can't wait until this evening. maryluvs_thumbup.gif
PM
Mary Poppins
Posted: Aug 26 2008, 11:59 AM
Quote Post

Confessed Shopaholic

Member No.: 14

I'm so mad I missed his speech. I'ma try and Youtube it after 5pm.

-------~~~~--------
Follow me on Twitter @ShopaholicIAM
PMEmail PosterYahoo
No One Will Do
  Posted: Aug 26 2008, 01:03 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Noki Ling @ Aug 26 2008, 10:59 AM)
I'm so mad I missed his speech.  I'ma try and Youtube it after 5pm.

Awww, he was introduced beautifully by Caroline Kennedy. maryluvs_smile.gif I'm sooo sorry you missed cause he gave an AMAZING speech just as Michelle. Uncle Teddy had me sobbing so badly between him and Michelle they both the reason for me getting a headache. dry.gif maryluvs_laughing.gif Anyway, I'll post the youtube link but they also showed a Ken Burns video of his life, history sort of thing that really played into the emotional aspect of the speech so if I see that video anywhere I'll post it or maybe somebody else will. unsure.gif maryluvs_kissbye.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IDN4b58pTU

-------~~~~--------
user posted image

"Sincerity"

PMEmail Poster
Code Orange
Posted: Aug 26 2008, 02:52 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Come Away With Me @ Aug 26 2008, 12:03 PM)
Awww, he was introduced beautifully by Caroline Kennedy. maryluvs_smile.gif I'm sooo sorry you missed cause he gave an AMAZING speech just as Michelle. Uncle Teddy had me sobbing so badly between him and Michelle they both the reason for me getting a headache. dry.gif maryluvs_laughing.gif Anyway, I'll post the youtube link but they also showed a Ken Burns video of his life, history sort of thing that really played into the emotional aspect of the speech so if I see that video anywhere I'll post it or maybe somebody else will. unsure.gif maryluvs_kissbye.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IDN4b58pTU

I loved him and Michelle's speech. maryluvs_thumbup.gif
PM

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Google

Web maryluvs.clicdev.com
Skin By L!th!uM sur PlanetGrafiK
Web Statistics